Saturday, November 17, 2007

More of the Same

More rain. Dark. Depressing. Gloomy. Miserable. Dismal.

I went to get my nails done Friday morning. Which was a relaxing, enjoyable time. Except that the nail tech pinched my toes just a little bit too much on my left foot and I lost all feeling in that side of my body!


Afterwards, I went to pick up a prescription. The supreme hassle of getting this simple thing frustrated me so much when the Pharmacy failed to fill it or contact me with their inability to fulfill it. Using the flimsy excuse that they didn't have a current phone number for me & didn't know who the doctor was...these incompetents failed in their jobs. The people there are now rude, discourteous, and intolerable.

When we first started using this "hometown" pharmacy, there were extremely helpful, polite, and service oriented. With the surge in the population, they have added more employees which seems to have brought the quality of service to a new low. They have always had our telephone number; if they don't-the telephone book lists our phone number. Look it up! In addition to this, they have filled the last 3 prescriptions for the past 3 months with the SAME exact doctor. Yet they looked at me like they had no clue.

I had also called in on Tuesday to confirm that they transfer the prescription from their sister pharmacy as I wanted to use the one that was most convenient in locale. I gave all the pertient information again at that time.

When arriving home, I contacted my physician's office to get the prescription filled at a different pharmacy only to learn that the doctor's office was "extremely busy on a Friday" - duh. When is a doctor's office NOT busy? More excuses. More incompetence.

Resolving to get a written paper prescription the next time I had an appointment with this physician, I gritted my teeth and urged the receptionist to get a note to the doctor's nurse so that my prescription could be filled & I could get it picked up. Remember. This is a prescription that was to have been filled on MONDAY.

After 3 hours and 2 more phone calls, the doctor's nurse FINALLY called to advise she had called the drug prescription into the local Walgreens. However, when I got off the phone with her and called the local Walgreens, they had not even heard of me. Never got a prescription from the doctor, either.

So, here it is. Saturday. I am out of my pills. I'll probably fall over dead without them. And two pharmacys and one doctor's office failed in their jobs. If you don't WANT to be in your job and
you DON'T like it and you fail the customer, GET OUT OF IT. You are only making it worse for others.

I am thrillingly looking forward to Monday (insert heavy accent of sarcasm here-) when I get to call the doctor's office once again to urge them to actually get my prescription to me via a piece of paper instead of the useless computerized system they are attempting to use.

I will rest in the knowledge that even tho I am dead from my lack of medication, my fingernails & toenails look Marvelous!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim, where are your Pile O'Pins freebie located? There is comments on the frontpage of DSD today about it. Do you mind checking it the links?

Vicky

Anonymous said...

Jesus, look at what living in a foreign country does to your english. So sorry about that!

Vicky

Anonymous said...

LOL just read your blog kim, im sure your feet look great as you walk them into the doctors office next time!! LOL I dont want to be there hahahahah

Customer Service doesnt exist in Denmark. When Hubby bit into a Whopper from our local BK, it included to his surprise a nice huge plastic peice of cellophane. MMMMMMM

Imagine if it was our two year old instead now. What if he choked! You know what they did? The guy was able to give me 2 dollars off my 15 dollar meal!!! OMG I about strangled him.