Thursday, November 21, 2013

Colder than a Witch's Tit

THURSDAY
November 21 2013

Ben decided that he was going to go outside to bark at things in the middle of the night. Even Lil Bit jumped off our warm bed and rushed outside to join in the barking. I dragged myself out of bed to close the doggy door with the solid panel.

However. I did not notice in my drugged sleepy slumber that I  had accidentally locked BUD outside. The temperatures got down to about 10 degrees last night.

I feel absolutely horrible.

When I woke this morning at 5:30, I heard scratching. Bud does not like to bark. So I investigated. Lil Bit was on the couch. Nobody else had come to wake me up which is usually the case when one of the other dogs is in trouble or they need something...

I peered out the door into the inky darkness and saw that Bud was shivering outside. Throwing open the door, I immediately wrapped him in a blanket and turned up the fireplace.

Poor dog.

He was wagging his tail and I baby-talked to him. Telling him apologetically that I never meant to leave him out there. I told him that he should have barked to let me know he was out there.

Having too many dogs means that sometimes one gets overlooked. Never again. I will always do dog count!

I made breakfast sandwich & latte for hubby. Made omelette for dogs so they could have their pills.

I am feeling much better. However, the rash on my hand is spreading. I am keeping it medicated with anti-rash cream. Clotrimazole.

Did the laundry & dishes after hubby left for work.

The Dr called & left a voicemail message. Said he wanted to know how I was feeling after my "stomach problem".

TIME TO FIND A NEW DOCTOR.

Today I had renewed energy and felt better than I have in a long time. So I made Stuffed Peppers for hubby before he came home.

I made 2 pans of Rice Krispy treats.

I made 2 batches of Peppermint Bark Popcorn

I made 2 batches of No Bake Energy Bites aka Brad's Balls

Hubby came home at 5:30 with dog food.

He had his dinner. One of the stuffed peppers. Then he had SEVERAL helpings of Rice Krispy treats. Too many. He got stuffed & felt horrible with all that sugar he had eaten!

He drove the Blue Bronco down to the shop at 7:30, but walked back because everybody had gone home already. So he stayed home all night.

We got online and changed our Insurance Policy for the annual re-enrollment.




No comments: