Saturday, March 21, 2009

BreakthrougH

We had a small breakthrough of sorts with Harriet tonight. I was so darned proud of her. Overcoming her "kennelization" abuse has been quite a challenge. Thankfully, we have Bravo around to start things off with a bang!

Sorry that I am unable to share pictures, but I got into the dog play with them!

When Bravo & Isabelle started playing tug-of-war with an old white washcloth, Harriet bravely came over to try to tug in the middle. Then I got up and started playing with them. Alternately Bravo & Harriet, Harriet & Isabelle, Harriet & I, Isabelle & I, Bravo & Isabelle and Bravo & I all played tug. It was hilarious. The fun went on for about 20 minutes whereupon all the dogs laid down, totally exhausted. Harriet laid down by my chair which is also highly unusual-she is content most of the time to curl up in Bravo's little pet bed. While she was next to me, I petted her for quite a while.

We have also gotten quite a lot of comments to the effect that we should RETAIN (keep) Bravo as a permanent house guest. Both of us have grown quite attached to the little guy. It will be hard to let him go.

Thursday we excursioned over to Spoky-Jo in an effort to pick up parts for hubby. I got to meet Alan - an extremely nice young man who has a penchant for collecting LOTS of truck parts. Lots. He has LOTS of trucks parked around the home he still shares with his mother, and he has LOTS of trucks & parts at his 60 acres up in Ione, WA. We have yet to be able to get up to his property - he has lots of 4X4 junkets - has a whole mud bog up there. But we eventually will find some time this year. It should be fun.

While going through an entirely different section of Spoky-Jo than usual, we found the Antique section of town. Literally. A veritable multitude of Antique selling stores all along this area. We were driving by and I squeaked out "STOP!" to the hubby. Around the block and parking, we then walked down the sidewalk to observe all the neat things at this place~ The Pedal Car Emporium.

None of these are for sale - the owner states that he might sell them as a total collection sometime in the future.

I picked up a couple new pairs of shoes at Fred Meyer (gesh - Fred Meyer of all places!) and they are quite comfortable. Couldn't find any more than 1 pair each, but maybe can find some on-line.

Unable to find the nail polish I wanted to try sample desperately for the upcoming summer season, I will have to reluctantly wait to find it on-line. With the flagging economy, the stores obviously don't want to stock it yet. The China Glaze "Bahama Blues" summer collection. Won't my toesies look great in those blue!

No comments: