Monday, January 12, 2009

Ugly

This is indeed the ugly time of year. Yet it is not even nearing spring, there are signs of thawing everywhere. Not the cute drips falling off the trees so delicately type you see so often on television; but the ugly dirt & garbage showing everywhere that is usually in evidence in the industrialization of a city.

It is also a boring time of year. Bills coming in for Christmas purchases; No holidays to get ready for or celebrate; Resolutions to break. . .

So to end the boredom, I am going to try to upload all the Automotive Magazine covers to Flickr. I had been doing only the Victoria's Secret catalogs that I have been receiving in the mail to document the different covers. But I think it might be nice to record all the info that my husband has amassed in the basement.

The replacement Free Agent 1TB External Hard Drive came from Amazon. (Yah Amazon!) It works and I will have to organize all my scrapbook & picture files on ACDSee onto it. What a project with a capital "P".

Sunday was a lazy day as hubby watched his auto shows & a couple James Bond movies. We walked the dogs a couple times. Boring Day. Sometimes it is just good to sit around & rest.

On Monday Harriet & Isabelle went into town with hubby and me. They dropped me off at the nail salon so that I could get a touch up to my nails which desperately needed it; then we got a Starbucks Carmel Macchiato for me, Wendy's cheeseburgers for the dogs. I do believe that Harriet is putting on weight! Yippee! She needs at least another 10 pounds to look good. We then picked up some stuff at CDA Metals for hubby. He is building some rear-ends for guys. Metal has gone up a lot - $25 a foot hubby said. Oh well. Got to have it.

P-whew! Greg fed the dogs a LOT of leftovers yesterday and they are all suffering major gas. FARTS. Gross. I really don't want to be in the same room as them. Turkey, chili, chicken, cheese, and I don't know what all else!

Isabelle is getting to the point where we have to run her again to get the weight off. I think she has gained another 10 pounds. Harriet has to gain weight - so it is OK to feed her. Bravo is even getting a little rotund. Too bad we don't have doggie treadmills. . .

Still no sounds from Harriet. But she did do a very quiet whine when Greg ran into his friends' shop to pick up auto parts.

It is so cute to see them fast asleep behind me in the library as I sit here using the computer.

This is a picture of Harriet when she first arrived at the Animal Shelter. You can see in her eyes that she was really scared. We had a little break through last night. She got down on the floor and slept BESIDE the bed instead of on top of us. And today when she was riding with us in the truck, she put her head down on hubby's lap as he was driving and went to sleep! Yippee. She feels much more comfortable with us. It will just take time.

No comments: