Saturday, January 03, 2009

Harriet

We adopted Harriet last night and she is just a doll. Isabelle gets along with her just fine & Bravo couldn't be happier to have another friend around to play with.

While Kelsey was out last night, Bravo laid between Greg & me with Harriet sleeping stretched out by my side. Harriet is very attached to me - following me everywhere.

The "new dog" as hubby has taken to calling her. . .went up the stairs a little hesitant at first, but we found out that she could come DOWN with no problem. She is a pro now; going up & down the circular staircase with the rest of the pack!

This morning, we all piled into the truck to get lattes. Harriet acted like she had been doing this forever. It was fun taking all 3 mutts into town with us.

Only real problem I can see with her is that she doesn't have a voice. I wonder if her previous owners had it removed. She doesn't bark, squeak or whine. Poor little thing.

The kids we hired (Kelsey's former high school friends) came over at 11:00 to shovel off the garage roof & the storage building roof. They had lots of fun sliding down & landing in the large pile of snow at the bottom.

Kelsey made them french toast, hot chocolate, and pizza after they were done with the garage roof. They then went to work on the storage building roof. Brrr. It is only 8 degrees out there.

When I walked Isabelle, Bravo & Harriet down, an amazing thing happened. Harriet started running & playing in the snow with Bravo. It was so cute. Will have to send pics to the Animal Shelter to make sure they know she is having fun. They were worried that she had not played in the entire 3 months she was there.

A quick nap for me right now would be a great idea as Harriet kept me up last night-she pants. . .and I had to get up 3 times to give her a drink. She wasn't too sure where the water was located. Hopefully, tonight will be better.

No comments: