Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Congratulations America!

The United States of America has a new president. Congratulations. I spent a very relaxing day watching the televised Inauguration of the 44th President.

I was especially impressed with the secret service men who walked beside the limo in the freezing weather with their coats open and sans gloves. Brrr.

Seeing the President and the First Lady walk down the street, holding hands & waving at the crowd brought shivers to my soul. It was a very emotional, touching moment. I am very glad that I was able to share in this special celebration in the history of our country.

Hubby went up to Priest River to get the boat license and Kelsey got her drivers license. I watched after the dogs while they were gone.

At 3:30p we took Harriet in to see Dr. Mike, the vet. She balked at going into the office at first, but after a little convincing (and a little carrying) she got there just fine. Topping out at 47.2 pounds, the dog has a slight case of round worm infection for which we secured some meds for her. And she is in otherwise tip-top health!

My book Kiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole came via UPS from Amazon on Monday, so I had a quick chance to read it. It was most enjoyable. I have been following the Immortals After Dark series since Ms. Cole started it. Great escapist reading. Not just vampires, but immortal mythical creatures such as vampires and sorcerers, witches, valkyrie, demons, lykae, kobolds, revenants, furies, berserkers, sirens, wraiths, wendigo, vessels, and ghouls.

It's just too bad that KC cannot write faster as I would enjoy purchasing one of these books every 3 months. But at least she is concentrating on ONE series. That is such a complaint that I have with so many authors. They lose interest or lose mojo so they move onto a different series and leave the readers "hanging" out to dry until they decide to finally return to complete the series. Lora Leigh is one such author. I will never read anything she writes again. It is not fair to the loyal customer that they are left waiting YEARS for the author to revisit a continuing series.

No comments: