Sunday, July 06, 2008

4th Weekend - Independence Day Weekend


FRIDAY
Our 4th was kinda boring.
I biked in the morning; however, the wind was blowing so hard that I called hubby to come pick me up after 4 miles...finished working out on the elliptical after I got home.

We spent the rest of the day sitting around home -
It was overcast like it would rain with lots of dark grey clouds.
We watched some TV
Sat outside enjoying the sun & relaxing
Played with the dog rolling the ball around.
I made M&M cookies late in afternoon.

Got groceries in Spirit Lake around 4:00pm - it was a mad house!
All we needed was bread & milk.
Had to fight to get through the aisles.

Then about 9:15 we went over to Silverwood to watch the fireworks.
About 10minutes worth- but there are so many others around that were shooting them off.
Instead of vacationing, more people are staying home because of the gasoline prices and setting off their own fireworks!

At 10:15 we returned home, and I was so tired I fell into bed.

SATURDAY
Got up early & biked
Got latte at Starbucks
Picked up yard lights at Home Depot
Washed truck
Walked along Lake Shore Drive in CDA
Went to Hancock movie in Post Falls at 12:20PM. Isabelle napped in the aisle while we watched.
Got yogurt at TCBY (kids got me hooked on Birthday Cake)
Wedding at Farragut Park at 3PM
Isabelle chased prairie dogs at the park
Home by 7:45PM
Fell into bed exhausted after a hot shower.


SUNDAY
Another relaxing day at home.
I made waffles, bacon, eggs & toast for breakfast.
The traditional big Sunday breakfast.
We haven’t indulged in a while.

Greg watched his Spike TV & Auto shows on TV
We picked up lattes later.

I biked in the basement as it was overcast again & very windy.
High of only 78F degrees.
Watched Sin City while biking.
2 hours 15 min and 24 miles.
That should make up for the lack for the past couple days.

Downloaded digi-scrapbook stuff;
organized my files on my computer. Picked up pinecones.
Went for a bike ride with Greg & Izzy.
Dog kept up pretty good. We only rode for about 1/4 mile.
While they drove back, I rode about 3 miles before going home.
Watched In Plain Sight and Law & Order; Criminal Intent.




2 comments:

Theresa said...

Oooo, oooo!! I LOVE IN Plain Sight too!!! I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but I will tonight! WAY better than Saving Grace, in my opinion. The characters are so much more interesting and much less damaged. Well, except for her freaky mother and sister. Those two just plain annoy me.

Sounds like life is returning to normal with the kids gone. Come scrap with us!!! We miss you!

Ernie said...

On Friday their were lots of dark grey clouds, then you sat out in the sun relaxing? It must have been windy too - to blow all those clouds away! :)