Friday, July 11, 2008

Freezing My A** Off!

So today dawns nice and early. 6am was when hubby set the alarm to ring. Yeah. We still have one of THOSE alarms. But he hits the snooze and it keeps ringing every 5 minutes. How irritating. So we roll out of bed by 6:15 and he's out of the house shortly thereafter to take the car to the swap meet; taking along the dog & Chachi for company.

I'm out biking by 7:45. Because I had to wait for it to WARM up! YES. You heard me. Warm Up. Because when we woke up, it was friggin' 36F degrees! Only 4 degrees above freezing. Tonight's balmly temp is reported to be 37F degrees! With a high of 85F degrees tomorrow. This is insane weather!!!

When I returned home from my ride, I had to sit in the office with the space heater on full blast - while my frozen fingers scrapped out many digital LOs to commemorate the kids visit in June.

An-t-way, I did 15.6 miles today. Got to say "hello" to my friends, the baby alpaca who is now running over to the fence to see me; "hi" to the mini cow (remember, Kelsey?) and "hi" to the many horses along the way. And the stinky pigs.

After tanning- boy, I am SO brown (red). But probably not as brown as the in-laws. I was so envious of them when we met at the airport to drop off the kids. The in-out-laws seem to tan naturally. My tans tend to be a more dark reddish. The tan-tattoo of a bunny is back on my boob. Hey Kelsey! I said BOOB!

The kids called - seemed like they didn't want to talk about much. We all just rambled. But Matt got his wisdom teeth removed. Poor kid. He was having a lot of pain in his jaw while he was here and I was able to get him fixed up with some nice meds to combat his pain. Trust a Mom to have leftover prescription medicine! Can you say PERCOCET?

Since we watched Hellboy last night, Greg is intrigued to see Hellboy 2 - so maybe we get to go to another movie this weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So that;s wher you've been all this time,, biking! Lol,, Have missed you on the forum Hon but nice to know you're well
Hugs
B x