Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Biking Maniac

I have been doing pretty good on my biking so far. This is a chart that I made. This exercise is in addition to the 30 minutes I am doing on the elliptical.

Tania JPS really inspired me to exercise. She lost a bagunch of weight when she started to RUN. Even tho I can't run because I have too many old injuries, I can bike! I learned that too much was aching when the kids were here and I knew that I had to get back into shape.

Sleeping at night has been much better and we have been getting to bed sooner. Getting up at the butt-crack-of-dawn is not so tough anymore - along with the opportunity it gives me to enjoy the beautiful mornings.

Today hasn't been so great - the heat is horrible - along with the oppressive HUMIDITY. The swamp cooler can't keep up; the air is SO heavy; it feels as if we are still living in Iowa. Detesting my hair's constant frizziness while living there became a way of growing up. I didn't realize that a permanent bird's nest was affixed to my head until we moved from there!

*Little Known Fact - We were watching Hello Dolly! the 1969 film starring Barbra Streisand. And the actor that plays Cornelius Hackl is actually MICHAEL CRAWFORD who later went on to be the in the title role of Andrew Lloyd Webber's The Phantom Of The Opera (1986). The musical in London that we saw while we visited the kids in the UK. Of course, Michael Crawford was not in the title role when we saw it. But you could have knocked me over with a feather when I saw Hello Dolly!'s screen credits and saw that. Because he didn't sing very well back then as in my opinion, he was kinda scratchy and screechy - for a guy.

I also got my crocheting of a certain baby blanket for a certain friend - so it will be shipped off to IOWA soon.

G-Greggy (after P-Diddy; the guys gave him a new name at work while he was gone) is fixing the plows for work - so he had to go into CDA to obtain steel. B4 we went there, we dropped off Debbie's car at Richie's. In town, we also stopped at Costco for chicken and I got a new IRONMAN bike helmet. So now, I won't bonk my noggin'.


Hey Kelsey! I said BONK!


Bonk. Bonk. BONK!

2 comments:

Tommie said...

Hi sweetie,

Has been tooo long since i visited you blog, gosh I had to read a lot..{have square eyes now lol]

Too bad the kids are back home, but good to read that biking is so good and nice for you.

Lots of love from the Netherlands,

Paula, and big slobbers to you and Izzi from Tommie and Simba

*~*Jill*~* said...

are you for REAL?! a certain baby blanket for a certain unborn baby in a po-dunk, lazy-ass town in IOWA gets a real blanket?! A certain preggo-chick is so over the moon excited!!! Seriously. Over-the-freakin'-moon!!
Most Certainly a Squee! is in order my friend.

(and I would bounce in happiness - but really, that's just not becoming with all this water weight and swollen ankles.)