Sunday, July 13, 2008

A Brief Glimpse of Death

Somewhere during my 15.6 miles yesterday, a mini-van decided they wanted to run me over. I'm not the quiet type, so when their vehicular behemoth winded beside me closed enough to ruffle the sleeve of my sweatshirt with their side mirror, I was immediately returning their favor with a lifted finger raised & a scream - "move over, lady or i'll beat your ass with a stick!"

This incident scared me enough that I'm taking a short break today from biking on the road. Instead, I will go downstairs to the gym room and bike on the stationary bike while watching a movie. It is very enjoyable to get outside to enjoy the beautiful summer day, but Hey! Enough is enough. I don't want to die. I just want to get into shape!

Hubby took Isabelle to the Auto Swap Meet to sit with him for HOURS. The poor little dog was pretty well-behaved and even let several people pet her. They had a great place in the shade of a tree so were not hot all day long like some in the sun.

While they were gone, I got a little of the house cleaned, and exercised even more on the elliptical while watching a movie on TV - Broken Trail staring Robert Duvall. Which, by the way is a great mini-epic movie.

We ran up to Sandpoint to see the lake; while doing some grocery shopping. Why does it seem like you always run out of everything at once?

Today will be spent picking up the car from the Swap Meet- and hey! Guess what else? Since steel prices are so high, and everybody is getting big bucks to take things to the crusher, I have almost talked Greg into taking most of everything around the shop to the crusher! Yippee. He has been so defeated lately, with the way he feels. The last surgery has really sapped his strength and even tho he has been talking for years about "I'll fix that up" (you know the old line...) but never has the time to do it. He is finally working on my Bronco, but that will probably take another year b4 it is finished.

Well, I hate to burst his bubble, but it has been about 17 years since he touched any of the vehicles he wants to restore. So they are just sitting there decaying. Why not clean up the property, and get some money out of them? I advised him, just select 1-2 "special" projects he might want to do...then scrap the rest.

Really hoping that he takes advice this to heart. Maybe he'll think about it today.

When I returned home from my biking yesterday, he had gotten lattes (for a guy that didn't know about caffeine until a few years ago, he has turned into almost a bigger addict than I am...) Out on the deck stood my lone drink and he had drawn his logo "cat" on the side. He doesn't draw anything else besides this. Not artistic at all. But as I rode my bike up the drive, it was so cute to see, standing there in the sunlight. Cheered me up a lot.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry you almost got run over Mom! Too bad you didn't get the liscence plate. Not that reporting him would do anything.

Theresa said...

Dude, I pity the car that tries to take you out!

Ummmm, that's a cat? How can you tell? It looks like a really confused guy who's maybe had a touch too much caffeine. But, if you say cat, then I say meow.