Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Who Needs Enemies When You Have Family?




Greg took bereavement leave due to my mother's death. So he is able to comfort me and also proceed with the building. We are going to have a plaque placed on the building..."The Geraldine Memorial Building".

I am also contacting the State Highway Department in order to "adopt" a stretch of highway in front of our home to memoralize her. Greg suggested that since I clean up the highway most of the time, I should get credit for it! LOL!

Through a phone call to my brother...I ascertained that my father had neither had a funeral for my mother or placed an obit in the paper for her. So I am contacting their local paper to advertise a memorial honoring her life. My father had stated that neither one of them had wanted the "expense" of a funeral, but my mother NEVER made that statement. It was all the thoughts of an overbearing man, forcing HIS opinions upon her.

Thank goodness I am finished with him. Once and forever.

My family's actions at this distressful time have only worsened a highly emotional situation.

And I will quite whining about this because MY family consists of my wonderful, loving Husband - Greg...my lovely daughter Kelsey, and my son-Matt, her husband. I am so very blessed to have these people in my life.

So you can't pick your relatives, but you CAN pick your nose.




-






2 comments:

xashee's corner said...

HUGS to you!! So glad your DH is home with you and what WONDERFUL ideas you have to give tribute to your mother!!

Mellykat said...

You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose...but you can't pick your friend's nose! (Sorry but you reminded me of this silly little tidbit with what you wrote)...

Hope things are settling down for you and your emotions and stress level are more bearable.

Melany :)