Saturday, October 27, 2007

Lots of Work, Little to Show




Sometimes it seems that you work so hard and so much, but have very little to show for all your effort. That is what it was like today.

The guys had to manufacture a special steel piece to use in order to lift the trusses with an off-road forklift. Then all the joist hangers had to be attached to each truss before they lifted them up.


So they only got 2 trusses raised even though they had anticipated having them all up by this time.

Here's the date I etched in the concrete before it hardened. Always good to put the date on something so it when it is dug up in 20,000 years from now, they won't know what the frick it means!


I babied Greg last night by making him my special Chicken Noodle Soup with Dumplings. This is guaranteed to cure a cold...(not really). But it makes my family feel loved and pampered when I make them this. I had to make sure that I emailed my daughter to tell her that I was taking care of her father by preparing this special concoction. So she probably feels justifiably jealous. Poor kid. I will have to make it for her when we visit in 45 days from now!

After getting my hair done in Spoky-Jo this afternoon, I came home and walked 3 miles. With a 5 pound weight in each hand and 3 pound weights on each ankle. So good so far.
Here's a pic of the hair. She highlighted it; layered it, and curled it. I just adore the curls she puts into it.
And if anybody wants to know...that is 577a Red Sensation Wet 'n Wild Megaslicks on my lips. Love that color.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooooh pretty hair! And you're right I'm totally jealous of the chicken & dumplings. Maybe you should teach Matt how to make it when you come to visit. :)

xashee's corner said...

Your hair looks GREAT and i hope DH feels better soon! i am getting so excited for you and your EV!! WOOHOOO!!! Have a WoNDERFUL day :D

Anonymous said...

looks great! wow yours hair is growing fast.