Sunday, March 17, 2013

ST PADDY'S DAY

 SATURDAY

I made egg sandwich for hubby and gave leftovers to dogs. I am doing a juice fast. Makes me feel lots better. Food has been making me sick lately.

Took the dogs for a walk in the park. After Kelsey only spent a few minutes training Ben last week, he is doing EXCELLENT "heel" work. He is already slack-leash with hubby at the park!

hubby walking Ben
 

Around 11:00, I started getting ready to go to knitting class. At 11:30, I piled Bud, Lil Bit & Ben in the FMF and left. Stopped at shop to remind hubby to get Tim to come to house while I was gone so that he could install doggy door. Tim had just arrived, so he was ready to work.

I drove to knitting class & stayed there from 12:00-2:00. Then we drove thru Rathdrum to get cheeseburgers for dogs.

Fed burgers to dogs when we got home. Tim was here and there was a MESS everywhere. I had to vacuum sawdust before I could do anything. Tim finished up after another 1/2 hour & left.

Hubby came home around 6:30. We watched TV & went to bed.



ST PATRICK'S DAY SUNDAY

I painted one toenail green today. So no pinching for me.

We tried to sleep late, but the dogs kept waking us up. Ben really loves the new doggy door, but Bud is wary of it and Lil Bit hates it. Maggie is finally trying to use it with help...

It had snowed a little last night. When we woke up, it was only 32 degrees out. Brrrr!

We wanted to wait to take the dogs for a walk until it got warmer. Hubby sat around in his jammie for a while, and I made breakfast for him. Dogs got leftover eggs. Hubby put salsa & tater tots in his eggs.

By 10AM we finally got dressed and took the dogs for a walk in the park. There were too many people around, so we had to put them all on leashes.

On the way back from our walk, we decided to drive to Bayview to look around. Hubby saw a sign for a St Pat's Day supper at the Community Center, but he decided if I was not eating that he did not want to go... Driving thru town, we saw some ducks walking down the street, so we stopped & bought bread from the small grocery store and fed the ducks. And the geese. The geese ate right out of hubby's hand.

 Feeding the geese
 Goose taking food from hubby's hand
 The loaf of bread fed LOTS of ducks

When we got home, hubby fixed the electrical panels on either side of the new doggy door, we moved the dining room table & put the dog food bowls back next to the doggy door.

Doggy door done!


Hubby rested for the afternoon, watching tv & surfing the internet. I knitted. Almost done with the scarf.


No comments: