Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Big Storm

Tuesday morning I ran over to Miller's to get more eggs, lactose free milk and dog food. The dog food from Costco seemed "off". Smelled odd. I am scared to feed anything bad to the dogs now with all the dog food recalls.

When I arrived home, I unloaded groceries and then went about trying to mow the lawn some more. The day turned out quite nice as the sun was out. I had gotten huge bones for the dogs, so that kept them busy out on the deck.

The lawn mower gave me fits as the gas cap has broken and kept falling off. Then I hit a rock at the very end which bent the blade. So it needs a new blade & gas cap. Need to buy another one while this one is fixed.

If I use the push mower to mow the rest of the property, it will keep me in good shape.

That afternoon, it started raining. Hubby came home then had to go back to Post Falls to pick up a truck. He took Isabelle & Bud with him in the dually. So the other dogs and I were stuck home alone. The lightning was so close that Bit, Angus & H jumped up and ran into the basement. Angus ran into the backroom.

The rain abated by the time hubby returned home, but started again just before we went to bed. At 4am, a horrible storm with lightning and thunder started again. H jumped into bed with us, shaking the whole time. Poor baby.

Wednesday morning it rained again. And again. And again. No internet; while I was watching satellite TV, several channels just "disappeared". Wish the rain would leave and not come back. It is so depressing and wet around here.


No comments: