Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Bye Bye Matt

Our son is proudly serving the United States in the Air Force for 6 months in the Gulf War. He left Monday morning.

Before leaving, the kids came over for the weekend so that K could attend the wedding of one of her best friends from high school and she served as a best man(person) on Saturday. Before the wedding, I met her in CDA to wait with her while she got her nails done.

 I started my Isagenix Cleanse on Saturday June 26. It is very easy to adhere to and is regulating my eating. While talking to the latte lady, she explained how she had heard about it and recommended it to me.

Murphy was adopted out to a very nice young woman on Saturday morning. She and her mother traveled quite a distance to pick him up. They fell in love with him. Even though the dog had problems loading into their mini van, it was still very gratifying to see him go home with a family. It is nice to know as a foster parent that I enhance the dogs' lives and they will go on to have a great life. (or a somewhat better life than they had in the past)

Hubby and I took our dogs for a wild dog walk on Sunday which turned out to be a very nice day. No clouds in the sky which made for a warm day after the rainy, cold of the past few weeks.

I went to bed early on Sunday night, while hubby stayed up a while longer. We wanted to get up early at 3AM Monday morning to drive over to the airport in Spoky-Jo to say goodbye to Matt when he left at 4AM. It was extremely difficult for me to get going that early in the morning without my wake-up java juice, but we got drinks at the airport & waited for the kids to arrive.

Hubby drove our FMF to work while I drove K's Jeep to her house so that she could pick up an overnight bag in order to stay with us for a few days. She was an emotional wreck, crying and upset so I tried to cheer her up and get her mind off things. We went to get my nails done, took the dogs into get baths at Apryl's Dog House, and met my hubby for lunch (gross yuck). Then we picked up dogs & went home. That night, K went to her friends' home in Sandpoint to have dinner. She stayed the night with them as it was too late to drive that far back to our place.

On Tuesday K and I drove around voting at various Wi-Fi areas. It was just a stupid day to waste some time. Then came home again & K packed up ready to go home. However, Matt called again & K was again upset. We told her to stay the night...while leaving on Wednesday morning to go back home. We did not want her driving over an hour while bawling & upset. We all went up to Sandpoint to check on a truck with broken parts for hubby and on the way stopped at The View cafe for dinner with free chocolate cake. I stuck to my cleanse & watched what I ate.

K left early Wednesday morning after coming down to A-town to get lattes with me. She was sad to leave, but had to work later this afternoon. After she had left I picked up dog poo, did laundry, put away clean dishes, and made beds. Then had to drive down to A-town again as I had forgotten to pick up a burn permit. Joe H is pushing all our slash into the pit so it can be burnt, then cover the pit with the dirt that is left over.

I went into CDA to meet hubby in order to pick up a check for deposit, went to bank, then to Home Depot for a Ridgid Shop vac filter. Wandered around and took pics of the plants outside to cheer up K. Sent pics to her via cellphone. Then I stopped in Post Falls to take FMF through the car wash.

1 comment:

~M said...

It was really nice that you guys came to see me off. It was very surprising. I also wold like to thank you for looking out for K. she means the world to me and it breaks my heart every time I have to leave. I'll stay in touch.

~M