Saturday, January 02, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me! Happy New Year


On Thursday, December 31, hubby awoke early and got me the traditional cupcake with candle. He also let the dogs out to potty, thereby waking me up and spoiling the surprise. But that was OK. I had to pee, anyway! LOL

#3 and Tim came over at noon to get everything moved out of the bedrooms in the loft, then tear up the carpet. It looks like a hurricane has hit our house as there is dust everywhere! They stored everything in the basement and a few leftover yard sale items in the garage. Total chaos. Had to keep the dogs out most of the day. At least it didn't rain or snow. Puppies were very tired when they came inside for the night! The guys finished at 3PM and I vacuumed/swept up the last of the mess on the loft floor. It looks very deserted up there now.

In the afternoon, hubby had flowers delivered to me for my birthday. So sweet.

Hubby texted me to be ready to go out to dinner with the KIDS for my birthday to Outback Steakhouse in the Valley. I took a quick shower & dressed. Hubster arrived home at the exact time I was ready. Since I had already started the truck and had it warmed up, we were ready to go!

Drove to Outback in the Spoky-Jo Valley. Everything went well. We gave the kids their portrait of Bravo that I had ordered for their Christmas present. It is just beautiful. The 3-D overall effect is astonishing!

Hubby's dinner steak came out raw, which grossed him out so much that he couldn't eat anymore. We felt slightly rushed because of the New Year's Eve crowd. The waiter did not have much time to spend with us at all.

The waiter did bring out a "Chocolate Thunder From Down Under" which sounds kinda disgusting. But the staff were kind enough to add a candle. I did forget now what I wished for my birthday wish. Hmmm. Do I get a do-over?

K asked if I wanted my birthday present now or later. To which I replied, "Now AND later!". However, everybody got so caught up in the moment that we forgot about it!

Made the "prisoner exchange" which was more of like a prisoner taking than exchange. Bravo jumped into the truck after a short potty run with mommy. We were babysitting B for the weekend as M was going to surprise K with an Anniversary special overnight!

On the way home, hubby decided we HAD to get Krispy Kreme donuts. Even though I vowed to eat better in the New Year, I did follow him in to the store while he picked them out. We had thought Bravo was A-OK in the truck alone as there was no lattes or coffee he could drink! But we had totally forgotten about the box of leftovers in the backseat. By the time we returned to the truck 5 minutes later, ALL the leftover filet mignon, bbq ribs & bread was gone! Bee-Bo growled at us if we touched him!

I was disappointed when we drove to Starbucks, and they had closed 5 minutes before we got there! They let their employees off early for the New Year's Eve.

Also stopped at Wendy's before they closed to pick up cheeseburgers for the dogs as Bravo had eaten all the leftovers we meant to feed to them. The young man at the drive-thru window could not accept tips, but did welcome a freshly warm Krispy Kreme donut instead!

Slushy roads were NOT a delight to drive home upon. I watched a couple Twilight Zone episodes. Stayed up past midnight. Then we retired to the basement. After half the night of tossing & turning we both realized we had not put down our 6 inch memory foam. Wondering why our backs & joints were hurting so much, at 5AM we stagged into the other room to root around looking for our memory foam. Finally got it on the bed and enjoyed a 2 hour nap.

New Year's Day Friday we sat around and rested. Hubby looked at car parts on eBay all day while I worked on my iTunes. Played with the dogs for a while. Mostly vegetated. Relaxed.

No comments: