Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Disappointed


Thursday - After waiting paitiently for the carpet installer to get over his "sickness", he finally scheduled to come on Thursday. However, I thought that the 8:00 appointment was still standing and he instead arrived at 11:00 - well - he SAID he was coming at 11:00. He showed up at 10:30 and I had to panic getting the dogs put away.

He had problems carrying the carpet up the circular staircase and should have hired an assistant to help knowing the layout of our home - he actually DROPPED one of the carpet rolls on our leather couch & then wanted me to help him carry it upstairs.

After he worked for quite a bit, he finally finished. I had to make an appointment at the Vet because when I checked on the dogs outside, I discovered that Bud had ripped a toenail off his right hind leg while playing on the ice. So I quickly inspected the carpet, but the installer had not brought his vacuum to finish cleaning up the carpet. There were tiny pieces EVERYWHERE. I was pissed. This guy was not very professional at all. Then at 3:30 I signed off on the paper indicating he had finished the work and hurried to take Bud to the Vet.

Bud was OK. The doctor had me leave him there so that he could put him under anesthesia to cut back his toenail. It had been bleeding profusely for quite a while. Poor dog. When I returned at 4:30 to pick him up, I took Isabelle along for a quick toenail trim for her, also!

I vacuumed for over 2 hours to get the carpet in a shape wherein we could bring the furniture back into the loft. When I discovered the DOUBLE cut seam - I was livid! The seam puckers horribly and instead of one cut, he did TWO cuts; a 3.5 foot piece directly in the middle of the loft. It looks horrible. All puckered. We will be complaining.

I am disappointed that we have yet to find anybody in North Idaho that can do a professional job on anything!

Friday - I kept on vacuuming to get all the pieces up. It was absolutely gross. All the carpet pieces & fluff & dust had fallen onto the main level. There is carpet dust in the air.

Hubby helped me set up the metal frames again. Our old bed frame was transferred into Isabelle's room while we unwrapped the new one to put into our room.

Saturday - Hubby worked at the shop. When he came home, he helped me move the bed frames into the rooms. Isabelle & Harriet still look ragged. They have not been getting any sleep at all because of the carpet install. No beds for them to sleep upon. Poor puppies. Hubby & I are exhausted. The room downstairs is quiet, but different. Difficult to get comfortable.

Sunday - We packed up the trailer & instead of trading our bed for the kids king, we decided to purchase a whole new queen bed for them. Nothing was open until 10AM, so we got lattes at Starbucks & then went to Furniture Row (Denver Mattress) to pick up their queen size bed that was fortunately on sale that weekend! Now the kids get a 10 year warranty & no dog smell on the bed!

We had taken Bud & Bit with us on the ride - at the furniture warehouse loading dock, they both jumped out of the truck. Bit was ready to go into the warehouse - barking all the while! Bud just wanted to get out for a while & walk around. I had already given them a real long walk to potty while we were waiting for the bed to be brought out!

Drove to the kids' house finally arrived at 12:00. Bravo was happy to see us. I had to pee badly. MN was studying at the table.

KN made us brunch after the guys had brought the beds in and made the exchange. Bit had a poop problem in their house & hubby walked him. I was very proud of myself for not eating the pancakes that KN made (even tho she used her griddle for the first time & they looked awesome!) I have not had bad stuff since the first of the year. Finally eating healthy. Even if it kills me! We finally left their house late. Went to Costco to pick up basics & gasoline. At Costco we saw not one, but Two girls that had gone shopping in pyjamas with their mother! Ugh. Even sleep slippers that were absolutely filthy! They were kinda slobby fat - these were not attractive girls. Hair was unwashed & one of them had blue tint in her black hair. Who goes out in the middle of 30 degree weather wearing clothes like that? Not even coats! These people kept following us all through the store; getting in our way. Almost ran me over as they were walking 3 abreast. Wouldn't even move! Stupid cows. Went over to Safeway for yogurt; hubby had to get oriental at the deli & we sat to eat it at the Starbucks tables. Also saw this family at Safeway, too. Fortunately hubby finished eating & we got out of there before we had to see (or smell) them again! Finally got home late at 6:15. Unpacked everything. Set the beds up.

M&K's bed is a regular King size while the stupid bed frame is a Calif King. So it doesn't fit. The box springs are not supported correctly and hubby is whining that they will break without the proper support. However, hubby already tossed the boxes so we cannot return it. The metal frame also looks stupid in our bedroom.

Isabelle is already happy with her new bed; she looks like a little princess on it when she gets up. I sure wish I could have ordered the same metal bed frame for our king size, but they discontinued it and that style can only be ordered in a queen.

We still need to find something unusual in side tables to live with. Hubby doesn't like what I like and I vetoed his suggestion of some sort of automotive part with a glass table on top of it!

Looked all day Monday on line to try to find a new metal bed - but there is not a lot out there. What can be ordered in a Queen size that I like is not available in King. Blah.

Sleep is OK on the new bed. The carpet is soft & thick on my toes; but Isabelle already vomitted on the carpet. Dumb dog. She is SUCH a barfer. And 'Lil Bit already got upstairs & pooped one morning. So we now have the dog gate up 24/7. I don't want them messing it up too soon.

No comments: