Saturday, October 03, 2009

THURSFRISAT

On Thursday 1 October, while I was watering my plants outside and taking care of the fish in the pond, I got stung deliberately by a wasp. It targeted me, let me bat it away from my face, then came back in for the "kill" sting. It got me twice on my right hand pinky finger.

Immediately, my hand started to swell. I took copious amounts of benadryl to no avail. Placed bags of ice on it to stop the swelling.

By the time hubby came home late after a union meeting, I was in tears. Took some of his painkillers, let him take off my clothes, and assist me to bed.

Hubby had taken 2 October Friday as a floating vacation day because he realized he still has over 2 weeks of vacation time to use prior to the end of the year. So he took me into Rathdrum to see our physician. Doctor prescribed Vicodin for pain and Steroids to reduce the swelling. By this time, I was itching it constantly. Put ice on it and the stupid swelling continued up my arm to my elbow!

*this doctor was acting strangely - he asked if I had any surgeries - "nothing recent," I replied; then he said. . ."so you are 'intact' down there." Which has to be the oddest thing I ever heard a doctor ask. I was so shocked to hear him say something like that. What a hysterectomy has got to do with my getting stung TWICE on the pinky totally boggles the mind. Do wasps only sting women with active reproduction systems?

It was rainy & cold today. Had to wear sweaters & jackets. We also went into CDA to pick up a new oxygen tank for hubby's shop; got a couple lattes at Starbucks, dropped off my prescription at Medicine Man Pharmacy and got home by 11:00. Hubster worked in the shop while I took my pain meds and took a nap. K came out in the afternoon with Bravo. My hand just kept swelling.

K told about how she was riding her bike with M and Bravo when the dog zigzagged on the leash causing her to fall. She injured her hand & knee pretty badly. We are a couple of walking wounded!

Hubby came home from the shop at 7:30 and the three of us went to Spirit Lake to eat at the Mexican Restaurant. Also picked up some small ice cream cones afterwards

Saturday 3 October we left the dogs home while we went shopping. It had rained, was now cold & windy. Old Navy at the Valley Mall didn't have anything interesting. Nothing on the sale prices they had been advertising. K was disappointed. Also stopped on Bon-Macy's to look at purses. I decided on a leather calf small pocket shoulder bag to purchase on-line.

Then we drove to CDA to shop at Tuesday Morning where some creepy man kept bumping into us, Joann's Fabrics where we got a butt-load of autumn decor on sale; Target where we got lots of All Hallow's Eve decorations; and Bed, Bath & Beyond. At Michaels a very nice employee was leaving work for the day when she gave us a 20% off coupon. When K has been waffling whether or not to purchase a huge collage frame for pictures, she then scooted to the back of the store to get the enormous frame while I held our place in line. We decided to forgo shopping at Merle Norman - maybe I can go another day by myself. There were too many people at the mall today. Then got pitas for dinner at The Pita Pit & roast beef burger treats for the dogs at Arby's.

Got home around 5:00; ate our pitas, sorted out all of the purchases that were crammed in the back of K's SUV. I hung up my orange & purple Halloween lights that I had gotten at Target. Also put out my lighted pumpkins on the new deck.

Hubster got home at 8:30, watched a little TV, then went to bed.

No comments: