Thursday, October 08, 2009

Neutering


'Lil Bit went into Northwoods Vet this morning at 8AM to get neutered. He is 6 months old so he will also be getting microchipped. Also having the Dr. do blood tests & give an I.V. during surgery. The assistant said he should be ready by 4PM to return home.

Angus & Harriet woke me up at 3AM, 5AM, & 6AM to go out to potty. It was VERY cold last night. There was frost on all the decks this morning. Brrr. I am not ready for Fall to be this cold.

There was a bird stuck in the garage Wednesday morning. I had to open all the doors so it wouldn't beat itself to death trying to escape. Very odd.

The Vet's office called at 1130AM to tell me that Bit would be ready to pick up after Noon. I decided to wait until 100PM to give him more time to rest without having the big dogs around.

When I picked him up, I had gathered him from the assistant by supporting his chest & legs. He slightly yipped & nipped at me. That was the first spot of trouble.

Taking him home, he seemed a little bit overactive even after the anesthesia, but I thought that it was normal. He took a nice 2 hour nap with me & Harriet in my bed. I was so tired after not getting much sleep last night. . .When I got up and put him on the floor, he yelped again. So I let him come down the stairs by himself. He proceeded to sleep on the dog bed by the fireplace for the rest of the night.

About 615PM, Lil Bit was groaning in pain so quietly. When I picked him up again, he yelped in pain. His cajones were still a little swollen and his chest seemed to be swollen, also. So I called the Vet's office to leave a message and he contacted me a few minutes later. The Dr. advised giving him a 1/2 baby aspirin and trying to put ice on his surgery site. We did that for a while and later the dog seemed to calm down.

After calling the hubby one last time about 8:00 and talking for a while, I was exhausted. Hubby said he had gotten his last ladder climbing done & by Noon on Friday they would release class! Yippee. No more separation! I then watched CSI & Bones which both failed to capture my interest. Took a long hot soak after & hit the bed by 10PM. Let the dogs out one last time. Then after sleeping for a short time, Harriet woke me up at 3AM. Let the dogs out AGAIN. By 5AM, I still couldn't sleep. So took another hot bath. Then Angus pooped in the living room. She is eating too much as it was HUGE. About 10 inches across piled by 6 inches tall. Dumb dog. Had to clean it up and it smelled like SHIT in the house for the next hour. I threatened the dogs - "Don't poop anymore in the house & let me sleep for the next 3 hours!"

'Lil Bit woke me up at 8AM on Friday morning by dancing around downstairs. He only observed one of my intimidations.

No comments: