Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Me. Just Like You, Only Better

quote by happy bunny.

'Lil Bit came upstairs at 4AM Tuesday morning. He hopped into bed with us with a little help from me. After getting up, decided to let the plants dry out for a while after the massive rain of the past week. So picked up poop, played with the puppies, took them for a walk. Did some laundry & put away clean dishes. Made some fish for dinner. Also did 1 hour on the elliptical.

Then at 1PM, I was hit with an overwhelming bout of tiredness - could barely drag myself upstairs to take a nap. Only to find out that Isabelle had thrown up again. Had to get wet washcloths & cleaning fluid to tidy it up. Bravo hopped up with me to take a quick nap. Out like a light after I covered myself with a small blanket.

At 338PM, hubby called me -thank goodness I had taken my cell phone & put it beside the bed - and told me he was home. I panicked because I had an appointment for 'Lil Bit to get the last of his series of vaccines at 4PM. Hurried to get ready, round up the dog - also took Isabelle with us because she wanted a truck ride!

The OTHER doctor was down there. No matter how many times I keep telling the receptionist that I ONLY want Dr Mike, they always pawn me off on somebody else. Finally got his shots & returned home to find that there were about 15 cars & trucks parked down at the shop. I couldn't even get in as some idiot was blocking the driveway! He finally moved. Next time, I will honk the horn loudly. Idiots.

Joe H was down watering the building prep site - he also had his large equipment roller out. He worked until we returned home from our bike ride and he will come back tomorrow to work on it some more.

Hubby came home at 7:00PM to clean up - we rode bikes at the park. Everybody and their brother were down there! Had to go park in a different area, take a different route which the dogs were not used to. Then had to double back because some people were walking on the road & we didn't want the dogs to get distracted. When hubby went to turn his bike, 'Lil Bit ran in front of him. He avoided the dog, but fell off his bike. Hurt his leg & left elbow. He resumed the ride, but the dogs were all tired. I went back with Harriet & 'Lil Bit running with us to get the truck.

Came home & collapsed. Nice shot of the setting sun on the way home, tho.

No comments: