Thursday, August 06, 2009

It's Cute How You Think I'm Listening

quote by happy bunny

On Wednesday morning, we took Harriet to the park for a bike ride. Along with 'Lil Bit. I had her on a leash with me, and she kept to the side relatively well. She just has a problem when she runs out too far in the front, freaks out - then circles to the right & behind me. It is somewhat tricky having to trade hands with the leash while retaining hold of the handles! She always acts startled when she discovers she is out too far, then freaks like she is going to be beaten. It probably happened in her past life with someone else. Poor abused puppy. Thank goodness she is having a better life now.

KRL-N called to let me know that the stupid Davenport Hotel had charged them for their weekend getaway instead of charging it to our credit card. Not only did they charge them for the total, they charged them double. So we had to get that sorted out. Dumb. Asses. How stupid can people be?

Hubby got home & had late lunch before heading down to the shop to work. Meanwhile, I was out on the front deck and 'Lil Bit found a darned garter snake. I hate snakes. Ugh. So, called the hubby up to kill the snake & he didn't want to take a snake life. Oh. Puh-lease! It just wiggled off into the weeds instead. Now, I will be freaked out every time I walk in the woods.

'Lil Bit got knocked off the deck when there was a truck that drove through our driveway late this afternoon. Hubby had brought the guy up that had bought the boat to pick up the engine cover. The other dogs were so excited, that they all tore around the deck corner & Bit tumbled to the ground. I thought he was dead; but he rolled, got up and shook himself off. Thank goodness.

Still later, the puppies began an uproarious barking and I peeked out to see what was causing a disturbance. I saw a mommy deer with two little babies walking through the back yard. They were too fast to catch with my camera, so I just watched as their tails flipped & they took off deep into the forest.

At 7:30, hubby and I took Isabelle, Angus, Bravo & 'Lil Bit down to the park for bike riding. We could not go on the usual path as there was a car blocking it. So we went a different, longer way. The dogs did really well - except for at the beginning when BAD Bravo ran off into the woods with the others following. They eventually came back to start the bike ride with us.

I was awoken this morning when hubby got out of bed & all the puppies piled in with me to sleep. Bravo was up against my butt - snuggled in, with Harriet curved around my front while I was sleeping on my side. 'Lil Bit was assisted onto the bed by hubby & he snuggled down next to the pillow. I could hardly breathe with so many dogs around me! Then later after hubby had left I was once again woken by a screeching. I thought it was something electronic, but I never discovered what it was. It might have been the overhead ceiling fans having a bit of problems. They are 15 years old, ya know.

While watering my plants in the morning on Thursday, (this calms me down so much-listening to the birds, smelling the fresh air, taking time to slow down) I found that I had TWO small tomato plants on my vines! Yippee!

The day started out cloudy as if it would rain, but has now cleared.

When I went out on the front deck, I found that the dogs had already been bad this morning. They tore up a foot cushion from the deck furniture. Bad puppies. Bravo also bolted out the door and went on walkabout! He came back all excited about 15 minutes later.

No comments: