Saturday, August 22, 2009

Does It Hurt Being So Dumb?

quote by happy bunny.

At 5AM, hubby was out of bed and rarin' to go. Well, not RARIN'! More like, fell out of bed when the alarm clock's strident ring pierced our brains and then slogging through the early morning.

Just before he left to go help the Joe-ster with the kids' landscaping, hubby said to me - "The kids are killing us!" To which I replied, "Our parents probably said that too!"

Hubby is helping Joe with the heavy equipment over in Cheney today- level out the soil, then put 2 loads of topsoil on their lot to bring the yard up to level. Also took over the 4 London Sycamores to plant, the garage door opener extensions, and the special surprise for Matt. Before he left, hubby also bread-napped one of the banana nut loaves to much on during the day.

KRL-N texted me that the guys had gotten there & were busily working. I called her back & we chatted for a while.

In addition to the trees (2 Patmore Ash, 3 Autumn Blaze Maples, 1 Vanderwolf Limber Pine, and 1 London Sycamore) we picked up yesterday, I also decided to purchase some more plants for the pond area. Got 2 Dwarf Norway Spruce, 2 Rosy Glow Barberry, 2 Gold Mops Threadbranch Cypress. Along with the 5-Alarm Red Mum from Costco, there will be lots of plants in the driveway circle. I am still kicking myself for not buying more Mums. Well. Next year.

The Vanderwolf Pine is quite unusual. I think I will talk hubby into going back for more of these.

No comments: