Sunday, April 05, 2009

Crazy Quilt


SATURDAY
Once I got my new sewing machine tuned-in to the actual thread tension instead of trusting the computer on the dumb appliance, it was a joy to sew! I actually spent most of yesterday stitching on my quilt blocks. A Christmas quilt. It might be finished by then! lol.

Think I will sign up for a class down at the new quilt shop in town. Might be fun. I have never been in there.

It is official: Angus is now taller than Bravo. In just one week she has gone from being shorter than him to towering over him! She is almost as tall as Harriet-the Boxer.

Scanning the old photos that I received from my father when we went to visit is at a stand-still. It is SO boring. I really need to get on top of that. Now that it is getting to feel (and look) like spring, I want to get downstairs & organize everything. Just tossed everything in the back room from winter/Xmas. Several of our Xmas decorations are still outside as we can't get to them in the snow. A lot of the things are damaged beyond help due to the severe winter & snow. Will just have to see if we can salvage them or toss them. It's very depressing coming home in April to find December decorations still in the yard!

Yesterday was a balmy 55F degrees and inside it got up to 69F degrees with our massive front windows. I had the doors open for fresh air all day!

Another Breakthrough: While I was in the bathroom, Harriet actually walked all the way in and let me pet her head. She had not really wanted to come in; she is probably claustrophobic.

If I can get the hubby off the couch today, we will take garbage to the dump; stop to get morning lattes; pack up the bikes & go riding in Hayden; stop to get mid-afternoon lattes; take the dogs for a walk; then pick up mid-evening lattes!

No comments: