Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Driving Miss Daisy

Tuesday
I absolutely DETEST hubby staying home from work. He is a complete & utter slob. He does not pick up after himself. Creates more work for me by making messes. And now that he is injured and cannot lift himself off the couch in addition to be drugged up the gills, I have the additional bonus of being a 24-hour nurse (sans pay!). This does not work out for me. I am tired beyond words.

In addition, I get to drive him everywhere. With Moyie Springs coming up...everything and I do mean EVERYTHING at the RMOR shop has to be done at the last possible minute. These guys are so stupid and don't think ahead 2 weeks. No. They have to get all their parts NOW. Doesn't matter if we have to make 3,4, or even 5 trips to Spoky-Jo in one day. That is a lot of driving. Senseless, expensive, tiring driving.

Miss Daisy decided that we had to return to Spoky-Jo to have the old man machine something else because it was wrong the last time. The last time was when he picked up the part 5 months ago. So for FIVE months, they had a part that was machined wrong. Finally. They put it in. It doesn't fit. So off we go to Spoky-Jo on Tuesday even though we drove there on Sunday and it could have been taken over then. Urgh.

While we were in Spoky-Jo, we also picked up a couple more bags of dog food at Costco. We are being eaten out of house & home with 7 dogs. I am posting Murphy's photo on-line today and hopefully he will be adopted out soon. Have to write a "glowing" biography for the dog. The dog that is scared of cameras, vehicles, walking, & people. Oh gosh.

Bud & Lil Bit came with us for a ride. Bud stuck his head out of the truck. His ears were flying.

Cinco-de-Mayo
Hubby decided I had to drive him up to Sandpoint to make a deposit in the bank, then get gasoline. I am already tired. It is only 1:30 in the afternoon.

All I want for Mother's Day is to rest at home. Maybe go out and have a sit by the fire-pit with a roaring fire. Maybe get my new washer & dryer installed. Maybe have somebody pick up pinecones & mow the circle drive. That would make me happy. I am too tired for anything else. Something laid back & simple.

How did I do on the bio?
Murphy is a very gentle, sweet, and loving dog. He has been starved of affection so he will be stuck to your leg like glue. Murphy tops out at 139 pounds right now but could use a couple more pounds to round him out. We are starting him out on basic obedience training and he responds quite well. Murphy adores playing with other dogs. He came from a family with children so is accustomed to little ones. This dog adores naps, enjoys outdoors, and is ecstatic when lying on his new doggie bed. Murphy is house trained and paces around the door when he needs to go out! At 2 1/2 years he is now up-to-date on his vaccinations, heartworm free, & neutered. This lovely dog would LOVE to go home with you.

No comments: