Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Really Nice Looking Family

When I was looking at the picture of everybody at the Christmas tree farm, I realized that I have quite a nice looking family.

Either the kids infected us with something or hubby brought a disease home again with him. We were both feeling like crap on Tuesday. The weather brought a winter storm warning and dumped 8 inches on us. I used my new snow blower as the snow was soft & light - it worked quite well. But I had to blow the decks & walkway off several times. In between, I rested on the couch - still feeling like poopy-ka-ka.

During the night, it started to rain. So all the snow on the roof slid off which started the dogs barking frantically all night. Not fun. No sleep again.

I have such weird dogs. Observe Harriet's ear. It is just sticking up.

And Angus on her back. It CAN'T be comfortable to sleep like that. Odd dogs.

On Wednesday there was a 2 foot berm just outside the side door that the dogs had to climb over. I knew that it would have to be removed before it started to freeze, so I shoveled for over 3 hours - - - trying to get rid of it. Then shoveled the front deck, also. Made more peanut brittle for hubby. Cleaned & washed & dried his boots out from yesterday. He walked in muck and snow all day.

We are going over to Cheney, WA to see the lights at the kids' neighborhood, then go to Lenny's for Italian food. Yum. Can't wait.

Hubby rushed in the door at 5:30, after changing and securing the house, we bolted out the door at 5:41. Took 'Lil Bit & Bud with us. They slept most of the way. Listened to holiday tunes on our iPod.

Arrived at M&K's - piled into their car & drove to Cheney to eat at Lenny's Italian Restaurant. Yummy. They had the Bruschetta "special" again. K also ordered a nice red wine to go along with the meal! Then M took us around their neighborhood to see Christmas Lights. Very nice night with the kids!

It takes us exactly one hour each way if we don't stop for lattes, vehicle parts, etc. Home at 10:30. Opened some more Christmas cards. People must be sending holiday greetings late this year. Thank goodness I got it out of the way!

No comments: