Thursday, November 12, 2009

Sick, Sicker, Sickest

On Tuesday and Wednesday, I mostly napped all day. It is extremely depressing to feel better, just to succumb to flu symptoms yet again. Hubby wants to rush me to the doctor, but they really can't give you anything for the flu. Bed rest, fluids.

I fell asleep on my chair in front of the TV with the fire roaring and the dogs sleeping around me, only to wake up about 2 hours later with a totally different TV show broadcasting. How scary. It felt like I had "lost time".

Thursday morning I took Angus & Zeus - the Saints down to the Vet for surgery. Angus has a calcium knot the size of my fist on her right rear knuckle. Poor dog. Vet diagnosed it from repeatedly sitting down hard on concrete. Probably from the strenuous training that she was forced to endure this past month. I am such a horrible mommy-allowing this to happen to my baby. But I received so many glowing references regarding this trainer. Next time I will listen to K. K had a bad feeling about this trainer.

Harriet was growling at Quail this afternoon. Our little Quail are back! How exciting. Look forward to seeing them every year. I also spotted our pretty little deer. Opened up the back door yesterday and they took off through the woods.


When I picked up the dogs, the Vet advised that Zeus had a SEVERE ear infection and he had cleaned it all out, while applying BNT Ear Ointment. He inspected Zeus' eyes and found that the infection from his ears had traveled to his eyes. The Vet also put ointment in his eyes which we are to continue with administering and Prednisone tablets for the infection. The doctor said that for being in as much pain as he has been, this dog is a great little trooper. Due to the length of the infection & severity- at some time the infection burst his ear drums. Poor little dog can't hear. Damn people. Fucking damn people. I'd just like to shoot them! Forcing a dog to endure this for nothing. That's probably why they turned him over to Saint Rescue - because they didn't want to pay for the surgery to fix him.


Hubby is already wanting to adopt the dog. Kind hearted sweet guy. (the dog & the hubby).


No comments: