Saturday, November 21, 2009

Boo Boo

On Friday it was cold & windy. I put up quite a few more lights. My stick tree that hubby had brought home last night; and more snowflake lights around the deck. When we were falling asleep on Thursday night, hubby referred to the decorations as "Clown Town" i.e. - it looks like a fair midway - too many blinky, flashing lights! I was quite offended. All my hard work and he thinks it looks garish. I love Christmas & all the pretty decorated homes & lights, pretty presents, trees covered in decor.

Totally finished the kids' Amended Tax Return so that they can get their $8000 for First Home Purchase. This will aid them in getting a new truck for M!

Snapped a pic of the two antagonists - Harriet & Angus that got into a fight the other day - per the trainer, these two should be separated 4-Ever! LOL!

When hubby got home, he dragged me up to Sandpoint to pick up car parts, then we rushed over to get Starbucks (Caramel Brulée Latte for me/Eggnog Latte for hubby) as we were parched. Then up to Bonners Ferry to pick up tires for my new WHIP.

Hubster brought home a 2008 FMF Expedition. MSRP = $51,610.00. Our cost = Considerably LESS!

Besides having to change the red to black on the paint; and cover up the red dash with anything else. . .It will be a nice ride.

Once we returned to Sandpoint after picking up the tires from a wonderfully nice couple, we went to Fiesta Bonita for dinner (reminder-don't ever go there again-intensive diarrhea!) Then to Home Depot before they closed; FAST shopping in 10 minutes. And onto WalMart for Christmas lights (but we forgot windshield wipers & other things we needed - Never go shopping without a List) While reaching for some lights on a tall shelf (i.e.-higher than my 5'4"; I happened to accidentally knock a box down. It landed directly on my forehead, cutting it open. The gash proceeded to bleed. However, it was my own fault as there was a WarninG sign indicating that assistance should be received to obtain articles at that height! Hubby tried to pick up the box & subsequently dropped it. OBVIOUSLY this box did not want to go home with us! At the checkout, we had to wait 15 minutes behind a coupon clipper.

When we returned home, we unpacked stuff & fell into bed by about midnight.

We both arose early on Saturday morning as hubby had to go with Leo & Richie to work out a deal to pick up abandoned cars at a local ex-car dealership and I had to meet the carpet layer to measure our loft for new carpet!

Cold outside with dark cloudy skies. I put up even more lights. Only have 7 boxes of lights & am completely out of extension cords! Time for a trip to the store again.

In addition, I washed clothes, did dishes, fed fish, picked up poo (2 bags), shoveled the front deck where the snow had come off the roof, shoveled in front of the garage where the snow had come off the roof.

No comments: