Friday, November 27, 2009

Black Friday

So it's been a while since I blogged. The holiday season is upon us and we are all becoming busy!

Saturday night, Zeus developed a urinary tract infection - he was getting up to pee every two hours. We did not get any sleep at all.

Early Sunday morning we walked the dogs after getting lattes - then went over to KRL-N's house in WA to help her put up lights on her house. We had homemade chicken soup, then ventured out into the snow, slush, ice & sleeting rain. I shoveled the driveway & back deck while K & hubby backed up the truck to put the ladder in the truckbed to install the lights at the peak of the home. Took Bravo (Zeus & Bud) on many walks through the neighborhood to potty. Thank goodness I had taken my winter fur coat. At least I was warm throughout!

After the lighting had been installed, we got warm inside & then ran over to Wal-Mart to get more lights & some Christmas decorations. Dropped K off, then we went home via Spoky-Jo where we dropped off some car parts for the "old man" to fix.

Monday after putting up even more lights outside, I took Zeus into the vet at 4PM - their earliest opportunity to get him checked out. The vet prescribed some pretty potent antibiotics. Zeus already felt better that night. The vet had again checked his eyes & diagnosed entrophy which will require surgery next week. Dec 3.

KRL-N arrived Monday night. On Tuesday morning, while hubby worked in the shop, K and I went Christmas shopping to Shopko, Big Lots, Big 5, Costco (wherein we got the Thanksgiving shrimp ring) and Safeway for miscellaneous Thanksgiving food. I took K over to the Great Harvest Bread Company for lunch as she was starving. Purchased real good Coconut bread & Idaho Potato rolls for Turkey Day.

Met hubster in town so that we could go to Lowes to order carpet. However, we forgot the carpet sample to return for $25 credit and also forgot our 10% off coupon. Will have to come back again. . .

When hubby got home tonight, he discovered electrical overload on our lights at the outlets in the basement. Almost burnt down the house! No more lights :(

I cleaned, vacuumed, and dusted all Wednesday morning. Also ripped my left foot big toenail completely off when I attempted to open the lighted garland in the box that I had purchased at Costco. It really hurt!

Took Angus to town to the groomers at Petco. KRL-N followed me into town as we would take her car & drop off the truck for hubby to drive home. However, after Angus made it difficult going into the store by refusing to come out of the truck - I hurt my left hand. It had been hurting for a while now. . . so K got my purse & chocolates for the groomers while I handled the dog. I had accidentally LOCKED my keys in the truck without realizing it. We found out when we came out of the store. K called my hubby and ran over to get the keys while I waited with the truck for her to return. I didn't want anybody attempting to break into the vehicle & steal it. I sat down on the concrete to wait for her return - but was asked by two different people if I was OK. I must have looked like a homeless, derelict!

K & I shopped at Target (Caramel Brulée Latte at Starbucks - and peeing our pants off when K remarked "Butters" about dressing babies up as teddy bears).

We arrived home and K talked to M to relate our day. While KRL-N talked on the phone to MN, she told him about our looking at dog pictures on the computer - along with a pic of dog vomit. I was in the middle of swallowing a swig of eggnog and it was so funny to me that I spewed eggnog all over the kitchen, in addition to expelling it through my nose. As I giggled hysterically, I found the breathe to moan "I hate you" to KRL-N as she laughed uproariously at my predicament!

Hubby picked up the dog on the way home. She smelled delicious & was shaved again. No more hairing!

Went to bed early as I was exhausted & hurting. Hubby gave me a couple ibuprofen PM tablets & squirted water into my mouth and all over the pillow while laughing hysterically! NOT funny. I was too tired to get up to clean up & slept in wet all night.

Turkey Day Thursday dawned with grey, drizzly skies. KRL-N cooked while I picked up 6 bags of dog poo in the back yard. Hubby put together more yard deer. We ate a wonderful dinner, with turkey, mashed potatoes & gravy, K's homemade cranberries sauce, green bean casserole, yams, stuffing, pumpkin pie & cherry pie. Too much. Belch. Naps later. Zeus tried to steal a turkey leg off the counter!

K talked us into going shopping on Black Friday. We got up B4 the butt-crack of dawn at 5AM to be there at 6:10AM (we were late because we had to have lattes to wake up!) Home Depot - got K's Xmas tree for $49! Also tools for hubby; Ace Hardware - got the vacuums we failed to get at Home Depot; Shopko - got games & DVDs for K; Target got 1TB data storage Hard Drives for $59!; crappy ass food at Rustler's Roost. Best Buy - got K's printer - the last one in the store - for a deal! Hubby & I dropped K off at her car and we went to Rathdrum to pay #3 while she went to our house.

After we got home hubby had to go purchase a "deal of a truck for $800" in Priest Lake. He took Chachi along with him for the ride; then K went to meet her high school chum Amber at Starbucks in town. I adorned the inside of the house with Christmas decorations & lights. Hubby arrived home around 2:30 and we raced to Farragut for a dog walk. K was home when we came back (after another stop at the Latte stand). Packed up the garbage for a dump run tomorrow. Sat around watching TV for the rest of the night.

No comments: