Saturday, November 07, 2009

Flu Part Deux

On Tuesday, 3 Nov I received the Andrea Bocelli "My Christmas" album that I had pre-ordered from Amazon. That was exciting. Except I can't listen to it because my stupid computer hard drive is fried again. I need to take it in to get it fixed.

The rest of the week Wednesday thru Thursday, I pretty much laid on the couch & was sick. Flu symptoms overwhelmed me again with a different strain. Started coughing and couldn't stop. No sleep at night even though I would dose myself with enough Ibuprofen, Benadryl, and Nyquil to put an elephant to sleep.

Poor Zeus has had to settle in without me taking him for walks. All the other dogs are missing their daily walks, too. I just wish I had any kind of strength to do anything. It is getting so depressing to not be able to clean the house or do any of the other million things I do daily. Just to take the dishes out of the dishwasher & put them away is an overwhelming herculean task.


I did manage to order a new metal bed for our bedroom. M&K will be trading their old king size bed to us for our queen size. Our old metal bed frame will go into Isabelle's room. She won't be able to jump up on the bed from the bottom as there will be a footboard there. But it will make her room look nicer.

By Friday, 6 Nov, Zeus starts to get off the couch and interact with the other dogs. He plays in the backyard with Harriet and Bud. 'Lil Bit tries to intimidate Zeus; and Zeus does not like a little dog barking in his face-He will back off to avoid a confrontation. I believe he is still very much depressed. But he is getting up to eat his food out of the dog bowls instead of making me bring it to him on the couch.

Finally, on Saturday 7 Nov, I got some of my health back. Even tho I still have the persistent cough, I do have a little strength. Got the Christmas lights out and put some up. Did two loads of dishes & put them away. Washed all the bedding & remade beds. Picked up all the dog poop from the last two days. Tidied up the livingroom, kitchen, and bathroom. Filed receipts in the office. Got a lot accomplished. Now, I am exhausted. Time for a nap.

No comments: