Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Humpty Dumpty


Took a great fall yesterday. After climbing up on my 2 foot step ladder TUESDAY afternoon, I attempted to nail up the patriotic stars to the garage. But while looking up at the robin's nest to make sure that I would not disturb it, I lost my balance (due to dizziness from my BPPV) and fell. Kaboom! Hit my left elbow & hand; the step ladder glanced off my right armpit. Also landed quite heavily on my left knee. So I am out of commission-sitting there dazzed-and unable to get up. All the while, the driveway rocks are cutting into my legs. Owie.

I was resting when Greg came home later that afternoon, conked out on the chair with drool falling off my lower lip & then passed out for about 4 hours. Embarrassed when I got up - to have slept so long; the dogs' barking awoke me.

Hubby came home early to make sure the guys were still insulating at the shop. What was only supposed to be a ONE day job has now turned into FIVE days of torture. It was to be started Friday morning & completed Friday night. They were to bring their own man-lift to install the insulation in the ceiling. Hubby was forced to take 1/2 of the day Friday trying to rent a man-lift for them as they did not bring one. It finally arrived on Monday; but instead of the 4 guys that were working Friday, there were only 2. And I cannot even BEGIN to tell you how many smoke breaks, and breaks, and lunches and standing around bull-shitting was done. So hubby blew his lid to the guy that had hired these bozos-because it was all supposed to be a trade for getting this guy's truck done.

We will have to wait until Tim returns for the sheeting to be installed over the insulation. And maybe my FAVORITE SON IN THE WHOLE WORLD will help his father tidy up & organize his shop along with the surrounding area. As there has not been enough time to do it. Now, Greg will have to work extra hard to catch up on his schedule in the shop. Poor guy. He has wasted enough vacation time already on something that was supposed to fall into place!

When I woke up today - WEDNESDAY, I was hurting all over. Poor me. Did a little gardening, dog pooh pick up, and laundry. Then a little quick vacuuming. Angus really sheds.

In good news to report, my Hens & Chicks are spreading like crazy; the Tulips have already bloomed & gone; there are flowers on my crawling red plants (don't know what they are) and the Delphinium, Sweet Peas, and Larkspur are growing like mad!

Have to be at the airport on Friday to pick up a package that is coming in for us.

No comments: