Sunday, May 31, 2009

Hot Day


SUNDAY was a very hot day. Even tho we woke up early, it finally took us until 10:00am to get going. It was because hubby had his burrito for breakfast, then I had to make the dogs their Sunday dog-grog. Eggs, milk, bacon, rice, wheat buns, cheese. Yummy.

Went for a bike ride up to Round Lake State Park. The east side is still flooded; so we went out on the road. I got a low tire about 1/2 way into the ride, but finished. It was very difficult to pedal. 3.8 miles.

We returned home and hubby dug a ditch out to our pond for the electric while I put blocks around a tree in the backyard. Also watered all my plants & picked up dog poop for the 2nd time this morning. Trimmed back some of my plants.

Afterwards, we went to Spirit Lake grocery for ice cream fixings. Came home, hubby made hamburgers on the grille while I made ice cream. Dogs got fresh bones from the grocery store. They LOVED the bones as they were devoured. Bravo growled while attacking his bone if anybody came near. . .

*I posted all new pics on FLICKR of the dogs after the intense play & running session yesterday. For some reason they were all excited to get outside & play in the heat of the day. Bravo & Harriet both barked at the neighbors, some passing deer, and a bunch of squirrels.

We relaxed to Jesse James Is A Dead Man on television.

My BPPV is getting worse. I am pretty scared right now. It might be the sign of something more serious. I am even dizzy sitting here typing my blog. Am frightened to tell the hubby as he is SO concerned about me. Keeps asking me if I'm o.k. I tell him I'm feeling pretty good. But this is very distressing.

POSTSCRIPT-Mr.Cheesers has STILL not opened his eyes. We are afraid he might be blind. I looked up catblindness on the internet. Blind cats will compensate with their other senses - hearing & sense of smell. He is 13 days old today.

1 comment:

Ernie said...

Bob,

Sorry to hear about the BPPV. Sounds like it sucks. Try not to whack your head on vehicles. Probably anything else would be good to avoid as well...

Haven't been over to see you much lately, but I still make the rounds every once in a while. Hope things improve. I'll check in from time to time. E