Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dizzy

I was flat out on my back for most of MONDAY due to dizziness. Extremely dizzy. I couldn't get into bed, I couldn't get out of bed. Bending over, anything made me woozy. There was also associated nausea. Didn't eat anything or drink much most of the day.

So I am going to the doctor (along with hubby to check his melanoma) to find out what is wrong.

It sucks getting old.


Hubby got my lawnmower trailer built; I planted my seeds & put in the new solar lights when I was feeling better early in the morning. The dizziness didn't seem to hit until noon.

Tuesday is a beautiful morning so far. Isabelle got up at 4:30AM and was whining-she was letting us know that the baby kitty wanted to be fed. It was so cute.

Angus has turned into quite the assistant - she licks the baby kitty clean. What a sweetie. She even wags her tail & you can see her smile while she is doing it.

Hubby has been taking care of the early morning feeds for Mr. Cheesers. Thank goodness. I can't navigate the stairs in my condition.

While I rest in my chair on the deck, hubster is getting the canoe trailer ready for this afternoon after our doctor's appt. Hope I feel better by then.
______________________________________________________
Later Tuesday
At the doctor's appt 3PM, the doc froze hubby's ear again. It was mostly healed from the melanoma, but they decided to zap it once more. Dr. diagnosed my illness as BPPV - Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo. Prescribed Meclizine (which the pharmacy could not fill) and Valium. Yippee. Valium. I can sell it on the blackmarket!

If the prescriptions (and bedrest) do not resolve the BPPV within a few days, Dr. will refer me to physical therapy for manipulation - Epley Maneuvers or CRP.


When we got back from the doctors at 5:00PM, we found that Dave, the landscaper was working on the pond & mowing grass.

Gave the puppies sausages that we had purchased at the pharmacy. Isabelle had gone with us in the vehicle to the doctors and had stopped with us at McDonalds. She already had 2 cheeseburgers as her treat.

No comments: