Friday, August 01, 2008

IPODing My Life Away

Jill got me thinking. Exactly what DO I listen to while exercising? While biking, the following list is what I have loaded right now.

Boston - Augustana
You Make Me Smile - Blue October
She’s My Ride Home – Blue October
Into The Ocean – Blue October
What If We Could – Blue October
Hate Me – Blue October
Let It Go – Blue October
Congratulations – Blue October
Overweight – Blue October
X Amount of Words – Blue October
Drilled A Wire Thorugh My Cheek – Blue October
Sound of Pulling Heaven Down
If You Want My Love – Cheap Trick
The Flame – Cheap Trick
Voices – Cheap Trick
Politik – Coldplay
The Scientist – Coldplay
Clocks – Coldplay
Speed of Sound – Coldplay
Home – Collective Soul
How Do You Love – Collective Soul
Him – Collective Soul
Feels Like – Collective Soul
Perfect To Stay – Collective Soul
Counting The Days – Collective Soul
Under Heaven’s Skies – Collective Soul
Satellite – Collective Soul
One Last Breath – Creed
My Sacrifice – Creed
Stand Here With Me – Creed
Weathered – Creed
Taking Over Me - Evanescence
In The Ayer – Flo Rida
Best of You – Foo Fighters
DOA – Foo Fighters
The Reason – Hoobastank
Devil’s Party – INXS
Pretty Vegas – INXS
Afterglow – INXS
Hot Girls – INXS
Never Let Go – INXS
What Goes Around – Justin Timberlake
SexyBack – Justin Timberlake
Mr. Brightside – The Killers
Somebody Told Me – The Killers
C’mon Try A Little Bit – Mellowdrone
Oh My – Mellowdrone
Four Leaf Clover – Mellowdrone
Flat On The Floor – Nickelback
Figured You Out – Nickelback
Should’ve Listened – Nickelback
The Hand That Feeds – Nine Inch Nails
Every Day Is Exactly The Same – Nine Inch Nails
Control – Puddle of Mudd
Drift & Die – Puddle of Mudd
Out of My Head – Puddle of Mudd
Nobody Told Me – Puddle of Mudd
Who Wants to Live Forever – Queen
Pray – Syntax
Pride - Syntax


But the other day, for the whole ride...I listened to The Hand That Feeds by Nine Inch Nails. I can listen repeatedly to the same song for almost forever.

Syntax caught my attention one night while watching an old re-run of Bones. After getting their album, Meccano Mind I listened to the song Pride for about 2 weeks. Nothing but Pride. Nothing. I would drive in the 'stang and listen to nothing but that, repeatedly hitting the 'back' button on the CD changer. This is a car that has a 5-disc CD changer. FIVE CDs full of music. And all I listen to is ONE song for a solid two weeks.

J-poo also brought up another thought. Music is associated with sights, sounds, people. Yes, Jilly-poo whenever I listen to Hate Me by Blue October, I think of you and remember our 'talk'. Beautiful Day by Mellowdrone brings to mind my kids. Anything by She Wants Revenge and I immediately think of Shawna Clingerman because I visited her when we went to their concert. LOL-I'll Go To My Grave Loving You by The Statler Brothers is my mother-in-law's song. She wanted it played at her funeral. It was not.

When the UPS man came the other day, he brought these awe-some earphones that are perfect! There is absolutely NO background noise when I put these babies in my ears. Which can be a bad thing when cars come up behind me. Oh, well. Live & let die.

We played hookey today and drove to the Rose Lake exit where we rode the Trail Of The Coeur d'Alenes for about 12 miles. Another Friday of great weather, wonderful fresh air, beautiful scenic views & fabulous exercise. Quite relaxing & restful. My soul feels renewed.

After finally trying to find a dog trailer, we settled on one but it didn't work out for Isabelle. She was scared of sitting inside the variable floor of the trailer. We (Greg) will have to attempt to modify it - put in a piece of thin plywood and a pad.

The dog sat in the truck alone while we were gone. With heavy clouds overhead, it was quite cool in the truck for her. Also leaving her with a full tin of water made her happy. When we arrived back after our ride, we had lunch at the delightful park. A Foss tug went by pushing a load. The birds soared overhead and we snacked on chicken sandwiches.

Post meal we took Izzy for a short run and she actually did 1/2 mile down the trail and 1/2 mile back. By the time she arrived at the truck, she was panting, slobbery & exhausted. Barely able to drag herself into the truck after this horrendous (not) workout, she plopped in the back continuing with her heavy (stinky) breathing.

Click to play Trail of the Cdas
Create your own postcard - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox postcard


Stopping in Harrison for ice cream, we took advantage of the pleasant weather to take a walk around town. As we were walking by a newly renovated restaurant, some young kid came out of the door and yelled to Greg. Damn. We can't go ANYWHERE without Greg being recognized. I can empathize with celebs being upset when the papz attack. The kid was the son of a guy that Greg used to know a few years ago. They chatted for a bit, then we continued our walk. I'm still totally in shock that Greg got through our whole Euro trip without meeting anybody he knew...

Finally making it home about 6pm, we were both totally exhausted but Jonathan and his brother were waiting in the driveway so Greg could work with them at the shop. Unable to vocalize the word "no", hubby changed clothes to drag himself down there for the rest of the night.

A SIDE NOTE - When the Ernster advised me to be less cryptic the other day, then told me to "ignore the old guy with the bad back" I was under the impression that he was talking about HUBBY. Hubby is old. Hubby has a bad back. Hmm. Is there something in the water? Old men with bad backs?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wooo! great list of songs!!! (wooo swr!!!) and also you have so many of my favorites on there - and I feel like I must confess I have a soft spot for mr. justin timberlake myself too :) (now i'm off to look up some of the ones I don't have!) Hugs!

Ernie said...

a not so little secret... most old guys have bad backs. It's the penance we pay for the lives that we lead, showing off for the women we love...