Thursday, August 07, 2008

Eleanor Rigby

It was overwhelmingly hot on Wednesday and unable to complete my whole bike route, I came back after only a couple miles because the bicycle was shaking.

Hubber came home at 2p and we raced to the bike store to pick up his Mongoose. We also had to have my bike re-aligned as the spokes were crooked causing it to wobble while I rode. Not a nice feeling.

Stopping at the lake to have a snack - we had gotten Arby's roast beef sandwiches for Isabelle -we then rode around the lake for a while in Dover. Afterwards, the dog collapsed in the soft green grass for a rest. While she panted like a winded race horse, Greg went to try to grapple "jack" from the lake. Izzy whined until I relented and we also walked out on the dock - with many boats slowing to have a chat along the way. Has nobody ever seen such a big, beautiful dog?

Slinging his grapple to and fro, hubber was not having any success after many throws. He had a pile of seaweed (lakeweed?) by his side and each retrieval added to the already towering heap. The dog was wary of the rocking dock with the passing of each boat, so we convinced G that it was useless to try anymore. With the current, the bike might have moved and we were probably searching in the wrong area.

We came home via Hwy 2 which is such a pretty drive. Upon arriving home, hub started unloading bikes and mumbling something. While I struggled to get the front door open while juggling all our belongings, I thought I heard him call me Eleanor Rigby. So I returned to the garage and asked him - "Did you just call me Eleanor Rigby?" He looked at me like I had lost my mind. Which I probably had.

His big joke all last night & throughout this morning has been to say something while adding that phrase quietly right after it. "I'm leaving for work nowEleanorRigby." Thereby, driving me slowly out of my mind.

1 comment:

Ernie said...

I think I like Greg...