Friday, May 04, 2012

Reading Baby Book

Hubby had the day off of work so that he could set up the NAPA Off Road event for tomorrow.

I have a nail appointment at 2pm while he does that. The kid will come with me to keep me company while Matt goes with hubby to the Napa event.

So the kid wanted to know why her dad had an appointment with the doctor today at 8:15AM. I told her it was because he needed to refill his pain medication that ran out 2 months ago. And also to discuss Shingles vaccine with the doc because hubby has heard of so many people getting this dangerous virus which is from the Chickenpox disease.

Obviously a lot of baby boomers are under severe stress & what with old age catching up, the hidden virus that stayed in the body all these years comes back in the form of Shingles.

Kid wanted to know if she had Chickenpox. I couldn't remember. Because I. Am. Old.

So I finally found her baby book after 2 hours of looking in the house for it. Because I forgot where it had been stored. Because I. Am. Old.

In the meantime, I found a lot of crap in our house that HAS to GO. Donations & Craigslist here we come...

Finally found said Baby Book. It was in the file cabinet. 12 inches from where I sit at the desk in the library. Next to the computer. But I did not think to look there. Because I. Am. Old.

So reading about the past when she was a baby got me even more depressed. We started out so young, with hopes, dreams, aspirations. Strength. Energy. Optimism.

Now we are old and pray for beloved death. And pray not to hurt or ache anymore. 

And not "pray" exactly. Because I lost religion in there too. Not lost. Abandoned. Abandoned religion. Because it is just too much.

In the meantime, I picked up dog poo. Vacuumed & cleaned the house. (which I am SO deathly sick of doing).

Drank lattes.

Surfed the web.

Played with the dogs.


No comments: