Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Sore Throat & Road Kill

I was not feeling very well today, yet I picked up dog poo; did laundry; watered plants; and called Tickets West about our Parking Ticket error.

My throat has been sore & I have been running a fever.

UPS brought my original KEDS that I had ordered! Yippee. I knew that if I held out long enough, Keds would bring back the original canvas shoe! My feet/toes are in heaven.

Hubby came home in the middle of the afternoon long enough to kiss me & grab a sandwich.

When he came home from work, he ran down to the shop for an hour. Then we drove to Post Falls to pay for the shortbed extra cab white pickup that we will be bringing home. He plans to put dually axles and a lift kit under it. Will look nice. Then we picked up Wendy's burgers for the dogs.

On the way home driving through Rathdrum, I accidentally hit a cat. We drove around the block to make sure of what I had hit...and it was a cat. My heart dropped. Hubby got out to drag the dead body to the side of the road. However...it was NOT dead. Only in shock. We dialed the closest Emergency Vet and took kitty there in the back of the car. Which was kinda difficult to do. We had no blanket or anything. Also...the dogs were with us. Bit & Bud. They went nuts sniffing the cat!

At the Emergency Vet in Post Falls, hubby took the kitty in while I took Bud & Bit to let them pee. Hubby came out with the cat in a box; he was told there was nothing other than a severe cut on his mouth. He is a intact male cat - probably the luckiest cat ever to survive a car hit! So should we name him Lucky or Roadkill?

We stopped at the grocery store on the way home to get cat food, litter box & litter.

Kitty is in the basement bathroom recovering tonight.

No comments: