Sunday, October 17, 2010

WOT a Day!

It was one of those days. Everything happened.

After sleeping with Harriet in Isabelle's bed midway during the night, I woke up with a wet spot on the blanket. Harriet had another "accident". Then I went back to sleeping with hubby. Harriet had recently had an "accident" in there, too. Poor little baby. Can't control her bladder. So I edged to the side of the bed nearly falling off and slept for another 30 minutes. Hubby tried to dislocate my back in bed this morning when he woke up. So I was in pain for the rest of the day.

Hubby made himself breakfast but didn't share with anybody. So I made sausages for the dogs; even Brad out in his kennel.

We picked up lattes this morning on the way into CDA in the Dodge with Bud & Bit. Jen-Bunny was trying to get our opinion on fall $2 latte specials.

Stopped at Costco first thing & everybody seemed determined to be in the way. Pushing, shoving, it was horrible. And this was even before the after church rush. We had already gotten gas so there was no problem there, but inside there were lots of people. Hubby was hesitant but I talked him into getting the hot dog that he likes at Costco so much. I went out to start loading the truck & he met us outside. Walked the dogs at the side lot before we went on to Home Depot to pick up dirt for the plants that I need to get in the ground. Hubby whined a lot about loading it. He told me to get #3 over and have him fill in the plants & dirt as he did not have the energy to do anymore.

Hubby came with me into Michaels which also seemed to have too many people in the store standing around blocking aisles. I quickly got my stuff for class tomorrow night & we left. At Wendy's we got cheeseburgers for the dogs.

When we returned home, we unpacked our purchases & got the dogs ready for a walk at the park. Loaded Brad & Isabelle up front, the rest of them in the back. Isabelle ran free while I had Brad & Bit who both seemed to tolerate each other. Hubby had Angus, Bud & Harriet. Harriet did tire out quite soon. Probably too much exercise for her.

After we got back home again, we put the fish in the basement in their winter habitat. Put fireside chairs away. Put away canoe. Drained the ponds. Put away all the park benches. Took down the hanging flower baskets. All I have left to do is bring in my plants on the deck. Maybe tomorrow...After all this activity, hubby decided he wanted to add cheese to the garlic bread for a bite to eat. While sawing thru the bread with a bread knife he severely cut a huge piece of his thumb off. I had to do some quick first-aid. Hope he does not get infection. It was bleeding quite profusely.

Hubby finally had a chance to rest on the couch and I made the Mummy Cupcakes that he wanted me to do for his cubbies at class.

Then he wanted me to clean out his ear hair. While I was doing that I cut his ear. It started bleeding. So had to put styptic pencil on it. Poor hubby. Then Brad tore into the house from outside. We were startled that he had gotten out of his kennel. The little dog was frightened because the neighbors had decided to start target shooting so he literally tore the door off the exit of his kennel, and then proceeded to rip through the fence. He then dashed in the house looking for us.

So we repaired the fence, picked up his poop, fixed the door to his kennel & decided to let him stay inside for the rest of the night.

Hubby left at 6:15pm and I rode in the car down the drive with him and walked Brad back with me so he could potty before bed.

No comments: