Sunday, September 12, 2010

Fall Edges Nearer

The weather has been cloudy, rainy, and colder. It seems that just as soon as September crept onto the calendar that the seasonal changes started.

I had every intention of digging into house cleaning, dog cleaning, and a myriad of other things to do. However, I was intensely tired & cramping for most of Thursday & Friday. So I rested. Did a few chores around the house. Laundry. Cleaned countertops which almost exhausted me. Vacuumed the FMF finally after putting it off. I did schedule an appointment for Harriet & Isabelle for their shot updates. However, Dr. Mike is on vacation next week and so their appointment is not until Sept 20. Almost the end of the month. And then that month is shot! Closer to the time that Matt comes home.

It seems beyond my ability to be able to find a new window washing service. Most are too expensive because of the height of our windows. But I don't want to use the service I had previous. They were just not cutting it. The windows were slimy and I really didn't trust the workers they were hiring. Also need to find a better carpet cleaning company. Will work on that this coming week.

Hubby had to work late both Thursday & Friday nights. He did not get home until 10PM on Thursday in addition to being woken up twice with on-call emergency calls from dispatch even though he was NOT on-call this week. My sleep schedule has been severely disrupted.

KRN could not join us for Saturday at the Kootenai River Ride. Even tho it was a distressing day to begin with; dark clouds & ominous rain threatening it turned out to be a wonderful early fall day. Moderate temperatures were enjoyable for the ride. However, the registration did not go well. Even after sending in the registration early, the individuals were almost arguing with me about payment (check went through 3 weeks ago) and confirmation (telephone call was confirmed through the Rotary 1 week ago). It was not pleasant to have to point out to them that I paid for 3 shirts, not 2. In addition, the "goody" bag that we received was dismal. Another disposable hospital donation bag & a pen & a business card. Their sponsors must have dramatically stepped back in regards to $. The ride is getting tedious too. I think we need to look for a different annual bike ride next year. We did get to view some fall colored foliage.
Fall Foliage

On the way home, we stopped at a craft (crap sale hubby calls them) sale by the river in the parking lot Bonners Ferry. Hubby also had to look for a tool on the way home & we had to stop at every automotive store between BF & home. Stopped at Home Depot (no room to put the whiskey barrels in back with bikes) but I did manage to get a yellow mum & a pink mum annuals. 
Mums

Dogs were extremely happy to have us back home. Hubby worked at the shop until 8PM. We had a light dinner & went to bed after watching a couple 9/11 Documentaries on television.

Sunday morning Bud, Bit & I went to get drinks in the Dodge while hubby made SPAM for breakfast. I hate that smell. We drank our lattes on the deck with the dogs eager to get going for their walk.

I watered plants outside, picked up poo & then hubby was ready to go. Took the dogs to Farragut for a dog walk. There was a Mounted Shooters Club at the park shooting blanks. Dogs did not like it at all. When we returned, all the dogs were panting & thoroughly exhausted even though our walk was not as long as usual. The temperature was only hanging in the 64 degree range. Not hot at all. They took a LONG dog nap at home. Hubby & I picked spots to put the new plants - the Cistena Plum, the Irish Bell Bosnian Pine, and the Colorado Blue Spruce.

Hubby took a nap on the couch while I blogged. Also got out my crocheting things to start work.

No comments: