Wednesday, November 05, 2008

A New Regime

All I can say is thank goodness that we have a new regime. It gives me hope that maybe the democrats have a shot. President-elect Barack Obama's acceptance speech in Chicago inspired me with optimism. It is my wish that the next 4 years will be better than the last 8. America is not the sum total of its bumbling, inefficient, dim-witted former lame-duck president. I can only express the disappointment that other countires might have mis-judged us when we as a nation are seen through our previous elected officials.

My son is proudly serving in Iraq for his 2nd deployment. The desire to see a quick end to this useless conflict which has taken the lives & health of so many young people is uppermost in my mind with the new incoming presidential cabinet. I don't agree with the war, but I do SUPPORT the soldiers that are serving.

Other concerns that are at the forefront of the new administration will be to address the overwhelming greed & deceit that a certain few have demonstrated to immerse the entire country & world into a debacle of the economic present. It is long past time to stop CEOs, banks, insurance companies & financial institutions in their tracks from abusing the power they were entrusted with by their shareholders. Enough is enough.

Upon arising to a wet, cold morning...I had a certain song running through my head. Neil Diamond's Holly Holy was on a continuous loop knocking on the back of my brain! (probably because I watched Saving Silverman the other day. Long Live Neil Diamond!) So while making breakfast & lunch this morning, I popped in the album September Morn...which does not have the fore-mentioned song. But it did have The Shelter of Your Arms, which is a tune that always brings me to tears.

Dragging the hubby out into the living room, we slow danced/swayed to the music. Until our daughter stomped up the stairs to turn down the volume. Damn kids. Always interrupting a romantic moment!

Bravo was under/around/beside me in the kitchen smiling & happy as he always is in the mornings. Isabelle hears him and comes down from her sleepy-slumber to play for a while...snark at him while for even attempting to take up my time...and go outside for potty. There is no way that one can remain unhappy with all this nonsense going on around.

Here is a pic of Bravo while he is in the kitchen. His ears have outgrown his body.

No comments: