Thursday, January 10, 2008

I Feel Awful

This jet lag is really getting me down. Never imagined that it could be this bad. I look around at all the things I haven't gotten done yet - and we have already been home almost a week. My clothes are still draped over a chair upstairs, waiting to be put away. There is laundry in the dryer waiting to be finished. I need to clean the house. But I am so depressed. No energy or desire to do anything.

Poor Greg finally said he was getting back on schedule. He felt better after sleeping last night. He has to dig out of our enormous winter snow piles again today. And then he is working on the deck, which has a ton of frozen snow & ice on it. Hubby laughed & said that he should use a chainsaw to cut through it. However, I reminded him that this past summer when I begged him to purchase a new one, he was indecisive - finally deciding against it. His last one had been forgotten on the back of a truck when he drove out of our drive!

I am going to go to the doctor today at 4pm to have him look at my leg. So much pain. This is upsetting me, too.

Thursday, December 20, 2007
Walked around Garmisch today. While we were walking along, showing the kids the shops that we had observed the other day, the melodious sound of polka Christmas music filtered down the street. Thinking that it was coming from the winter fair that was situated in the middle of town, we wandered along enjoying songs we recognized. Drawing closer, we observed it was a street musician sitting on the ground with a hat in front of him. My husband immediately stepped over to give him money and was immediately embroiled in a conversation of which neither understood the other. Kelsey, Matt & I wandered away as Greg could not say “no” and drag himself away. We entered a shop that was selling scarves, hats, & misc. Kelsey got a pic of me when I tried on a weird hat.

Finally, Greg rejoined us in the shop explaining that the bum had begged for 40€ bus ride ticket so he could return to Romania. Ugh. My husband.

We walked all the way down to the end of the main street, finding the train station, & purchasing a box for sending things home at a shipping store. On the way back, we found a pharmacy so that Kelsey could purchase a hairdryer. Matt finally found a stein that he liked at the wonderful little stein store.

Waiting for a taxi at the line-up, it seemed as if they had all vacated the area for lunch. Desiring a place to warm up, we entered a coffee/pastry shop. Ordering Macchiatos, we were handed something that was literally liquid coffee beans in a 3 ounce cup. Gross. I believe the waitress thought we were ordering espressos even though we pointed to a picture of the Macchiatos.

Upon returning to the resort, Matt & Kelsey went to receive their scheduled massages. Greg and I encountered them in the Wellness Club an hour later when we walked in for our appointments; and they were completely relaxed, raving about their great rubdowns. My masseuse was Ammon, named from the bible, he was great. But I limped back to the room from having laid on my ribs on the hard table.

We ate again at Pullman Place that night. Jessie was again our server and the food was fabulous. Afterwards as we sat by the fire for a while, Kelsey caught Matt relaxing in the enormous Santa chair.


Kelsey needed to print out some documents for the rest of our trip and we purchased time at the Internet cafe on the main level while the guys decided to do some laundry in the basement. Greg came up later to find us and he was eager to get on the internet so he could look at e-Bay. Gee. Come thousands of miles from home and he wants to sit around on the computer.

My daughter and I leave the internet cafe after a few minutes; I kiss my husband who says he will be up after he is finished with his 45 minutes he purchased. However, after 2 hours he still has not returned to the room. Concerned, I search the lodge and find that he is with Matt at the bar in Zuggy's. Indicating to him that he needed to get some sleep and shouldn't be worrying me on our vacation, we both return to the room.

2 comments:

xashee's corner said...

Altogether it sounds like a BEAUTIFUL & memorable trip! i am sooo glad you are back safe & sound and had a great time too! looking over the entries, it looks BEAUTIFUL! sorry about the attitude of the french tho' & airport people, and you sure could have done without the painful leg too, but all in all it sounds AWESOME! hope you can rest enough to feel back in the swing soon! :D and THANKS for sharing your trip (a place i dream of seeing) !

jill said...

I so enjoy hearing about your trip. I have talked my husband into taking me to 'somewhere' -- Paris, Venice, Croatia -- but am so apprehensive to even imagine getting around in strange places with strange languages. I hope your sore leg is better and that you are getting rested up. I look forward to hearing more.