Friday, December 07, 2007

Three Two One

3.2.1. Only three days left. We leave on Sunday night - actually Monday morning at 2am - to catch the Amtrak train to Seattle.

I'm glad we are leaving now because the weather forecast is for cold, cold temps & snow. We both feel AWFUL about leaving poor little Isabelle alone. But we will console ourselves that she is with our best friends, that they have dogs she will be able to play with, and that this is a much better solution than a kennel. Izzy is such a sensitive dog that she would be devastated to be left anywhere else.

On Wednesday, I got stuff organized into different piles of what to pack into each suitcase. Toiletry items, clothing, shoes, gifts & misc.

Hubby-bubby came home after work and we had to make a run into town so that he could pick up parts. We observed many beautiful, lighted homes and Izzy just loved it. A radio station here has already started playing Christmas music (thanks 98.1 Lite-Rock KISS) so that we could truly enjoy the holiday spirit. The dog sticks her head out of the appropriate window and just stares at the twinkling lights as we slowly drive by each home. She even turns her head as we pass just to keep on looking at them. Who said that dogs are color-blind?

Thursday morning found me at the hair stylist's - Quincy did my hair in a smooth, swinging, curly style. It is great. But it will mean a lot of curling while we are gone. I have to find a really good curling iron to use. Ionic/Ceramic irons seem to be the best.Oh! Christmas With the Rat Pack is now in stores. Must Get! There's just something about Dean Martin that gets to me everytime! s.h.i.v.e.r.s.

Greg gave the dog a bath while I was getting my hair done. He also picked up a tarp to wrap around the cat box to keep her?/him? warm & dry.

After getting my hair done, we stopped at the mall- Hollisters - to pick up a pair of jeans for me; and Victoria's Secret to get my perfume. Mall Shopping. Check. Done.

While we were leaving VS, I noticed some woman had left her purse on the floor directly in the entrance to the store by a display. So, after asking a couple women that were in the vicinity, I picked up the bag and took it to the cashier at the store. Hopefully, it will get back to its owner. That was my good deed for the day. But afterwards, I began to think that it might have contained a bomb; what if one had been planted and when I picked it, I had inadvertently set it off? Hmmm. I guess that my concern outweighed my sense of self-protection?

On the way home, we stopped at Schuck's for more car parts, Wendy's for cheeseburgers for the puppy. Looked at more lights. What a wonderful night.

Greg worked in the shop trying to get last minute stuff done - guys are dense. After he has told people for weeks that he won't be around, they suddenly decide at the last minute that THEY have to have their stuff worked on RIGHT NOW. Well, at least he won't have to worry about it for the next 4 weeks.

No comments: