Friday, September 14, 2007

Better Late than Never?

Well, I am constantly reminding my offspring to blog. But then I let all this time past and leave my own blog hanging in the wind.

We have been very busy helping our friends to erect their pole building; I have been cleaning up our basement and fall-cleaning the house. My puppy has been sick with a bladder infection. And my friend and I are making jewelry like mad so that we can go to one of the Christmas Craft Sales and sell our wares!

On Tuesday, Sept 11, we attended the Spoky-Jo Fair. It was an awesome time. After a full day of beading, we picked up our respective husbands and then drove over. After a quick snack, we toured the fairgrounds visiting the animal barns, the outside displays and the inside commercial buildings. Grabbing mini-donuts was a treat for our friends as they had never tasted these tiny concocotions of sugar & cinnamon! Strolling through the amusement rides we decided on a leisurely Ferris Wheel ride, and afterwards a stunning display of rivalry and hilarity on the Bumper Cars!

Another reason for not blogging is not having the capability of internet. My internet service is now slower than dial-up. VZ is due to begin accepting sign-ups for DSL on Sept 21. But there is no telling how long it will be after that when a service rep can install it to our home. I'm hoping I can pick my own rep to do that service call for me as I do not want Lecherous Larry anywhere near me. Ugh. This is an individual that should have been fired from this company long ago for sexual harassment to customers & fellow employees.

My baby is diligently sorting through all the travel arrangements and it sounds like an exciting time. I'm positive that she should be working as a travel agent~ Here is a sample of our tentative itinerary...

Dec 14 - Arrive UK
Dec 16 - Fly London - Munich (1h 50min)
Train to Garmisch (1h)
Dec 16-21 - Edelweiss Resort
Dec 21 - Train from Garmisch to Rome (7h 55min),
possible side trip to Pisa (+2 hours)
Dec 21-24 - Stay in Rome
Dec 24 - Train to Bari (4h 35min),
possible side trip to Naples (+2 hours)
Ferry to Patras, Greece (15h 30min)
Dec 25 - Train to Athens (3h 15min)
Dec 25-28 - Stay in Athens
Dec 28 - Fly to Paris (3h 30min)
Dec 28-Jan 1 - Stay in Paris
Jan 1 - Fly to London (1h 30min)
Jan 1-3 - Visit friends in UK
Jan 4- Return to US

As you can see, on my birthday-Dec 31, we will be in Paris! How romantic. We are planning on watching the fireworks from the Eiffel Tower. My list of places to visit is even longer than this itinerary!

In addition to my regular busy life, my VISA card info was stolen off the Internet and used fraudently. I had to contact the bank, the police, and the credit bureaus to alert them to this incident. Fortunately, they only got $800 out of our account before it became evident to me that this was not our charges; and the bank will reverse the charges and credit it to us as soon as the paperwork is returned to them. What a major hassle.

2 comments:

xashee's corner said...

Your holiday/birthday itinerary sounds INCREDIBLE!!! so glad you are back to blogging again, you were missed :D Have a GREAT day!

Ernie said...

Perhaps you could squeeze me into one of your many voluminous travel trunks that you are sure to take with you. Then, when I keep showing up wherever you guys are, we could tell Greg that we must have the same travel agent. I'll probably have to think up something to tell Theresa though...