Monday, September 24, 2007

Clean Truck

We are taking a short trip to Arizona to surprise Greg's dad. So we had the truck detailed before we leave. After leaving it at the detailer's on Saturday, he called to tell us to pick it up on Sunday. When we went over and saw it, we were in shock - the truck looked brand new again - and it even had that brand new car smell!

The 15 year old kid that detailed it is a neighbor of ours. Brad is making money so that he can customize the 1970 Chevy that his dad bought him. Never before has a vehicle that we owned been so clean - even after taking it to experienced, professional dealers! This kid sure has a great career ahead of him. Wonderful talent. And he really just loves to clean.

Saturday dawned cold and dreary. It was raining. I really don't like fall when it gets this cold this quickly. Sunday was partly cloudy, but it started raining in the afternoon. I cleaned house (this seems to be the only thing that I do lately). Then made some more necklaces.

I have an appt to get my hair done on Wednesday, and I need to see the manicurist to get my nails done before we leave.

Hopefully, if all goes well - we will be stopping to visit a friend in San Diego. I only hope that she doesn't read this and it will be a surprise to her. I have a special present that I want to give her. Maybe we can go to the San Diego Zoo, too. On the way, I want to stop at Bead stores. Cubbie Two has already requested that I pick up some beads for her. Tomorrow she will go over the website and pick out the beads she wants me to pick up for her.

Cubbies are our slang words for friends. I am Cubbie 1, Joanie is Cubbie 2, Greg is Cubbie 3, Bruce is Cubbie 4. Joanie never heard of this and laughed up a riot. We have since been using this as a matter of referring to each other.

Like my hubby always says..."Cubbies are Cubbies...but Buddies sleep together."

I guess Greg is my buddy.

1 comment:

*~*Jill*~* said...

ooooh - cool! A road trip!! hee - I won't be the one to tell "her" to come over here and read this - pinky swear.

fwiw - I miss you :(