Monday, December 19, 2011

SICK, HOSPITAL ER

It remains pretty much a blur...

But from Thursday (Wednesday?) I awoke and experienced HORRIFIC pain in the abdomen. Hubby went to work and said that if I got worse, he would come home to take me to the doctor. He LIED. I called him at 2:00 and he didn't get home until 6:00pm.

He rushed me to the Urgent Care in CDA and the doctor advised that a normal white blood count is 4300; mine was over 13000! I had an infection. They told us to go to the ER across the street immediately. The nurse was unable to take blood; had to call for backup- PLEASE LEARN THIS IN SCHOOL, NOT ON PATIENTS!

Of course, they didn't forward any paperwork to the ER. Duh. So we still had to wait, and wait, and wait. Then got in to the ER, processed, and evaluated. I don't remember much as I was in a lot of pain. Finally got an IV from a knowledgeable nurse (whose husband happened to work in the same company as mine! LOL) with painkillers.

Then off to the CT Scan; injecting icky stuff into my veins.

Back to my room to wait the results of the scan. Doctor said DIVERTICULITIS. Lots of painkillers prescribed along with massive amounts of antibiotics. Said surgery not needed if we can control it with antibiotics.

Said to come back in a couple days (Saturday night).

I was so weak, I fell asleep for the following days...sleep; eat applesauce, take pills. Lost 10 pounds.

Woke up a little better one day and then awful horrible horrific pain and told hubby to call 9-1-1. By the time the ambulance got here (they passed our place the first time-quite lost) I had thrown up and felt better.

Went into our regular personal doctor at 2PM. He said stay away from milk products; which I had eaten cottage cheese. Now I am Lactose Intolerant! Ick. Do you KNOW how many foods have whey or milk in them?

No comments: