Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Flu

I have been suffering with the flu ever since the 12th; a mild case prior to that...the kids came over & we babysat Bravo for them while they went out with friends.

By the time 9:30 rolled around, I was in a near coma & went to bed. By the next morning I had body aches & pains, nasal stuffiness, coughing, fever, and diarrhea.

The only things I have done for the last week have been sleep in the extra bed so as not to disturb hubby more than I needed to, cough all night long, get no sleep at all, and exist in a near catatonic state. Coming down to let the dogs out while sitting on the couch doing absolutely nothing.

Monday (Valentine's Day) I managed to drag myself to consciousness as hubby had taken the day off to celebrate. We ran into town to Costco & ate at Outback (a complete waste).

After that the flu got worse. I believe it morphed into bronchitis somewhere along the way.

Hubby suggested a co-worker's wife who is employed as a physician's assistant told them that an overdose of Vitamin D was helping. So he brought home copious amounts of Vitamin D and made me take them. It did make me feel a little bit better (about 1% better). But then I got a huge cold sore on my mouth. Gross.

Today the kids came over again so that M could take hubby out to the Monster Truck Show in Spokane. Before they came, we walked the dogs...was disturbed on wild dog walk by truck who was trying to dump a refrigerator at the end of the road-dogs ran after it-asshole people...fed ducks at Bayview...then came home to vacuum house from all the hideous dog hair...washed dog beds. I also felt the need to go with K into town so she could look at latte equipment for her new stand.

 Fed Ducks at Bayview

Then we got K a Jamba Juice, went to pick up cheeseburgers for dogs at Wendy's, and a quick stop at WalMart for ice cream. The ice cream seems to be helping my throat. I had a coughing fit in WalMart & almost passed out!

Came home & I still had enough strength left to color my hair (ugly horrible red color which was not at all featured on the box)

Hubby & M came home and we talked about truck show, then kids went to Sandpoint for dinner with friends. We babysat Beebo. Hubby fell asleep in front of TV.

No comments: