Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Skanky Is The Word Of The Day



Tuesday 22 September- Was waiting on anxious tiptoes for the Vet to call regarding 'Lil Bit's status. By 9:00am I was on the phone to find out his condition. He was doing well. Had kept some food down and only had a little diarrhea in his cage. The IV was doing good for him. I could pick him up in the afternoon.


Played with my new cell phone downloading all my info from my previous phone. How tedious to have to adjust! But I found that the new technology is great! Can type like a regular QWERTY keyboard! Fast! Also can have all the info I want for contacts. Addresses. Email. Phone Numbers. The phone can even deliver GPS directions similar to a car! No need to buy a new car. Score for hubby.

'Lil Bit came home and was OK. They shaved the fur from his right front foot to insert the IV, so he has a naked leg.

When I arrived home, it was to find Harriet had somehow had a mishap with the toenail on her right foot. It was hanging half way off & bleeding. She was licking it. Gross. So I had to call the Vet again to schedule an appointment for her tomorrow at 12:30.

Texted K a couple times. She advised me that hubby had told her we were meeting them at Costco to purchase a new TV for them. So after hubster came home, he got cleaned up and we drove into CDA. Got a skanky latte for me at Starbucks (Skanky is the word of the day) and then over to quickly wash the truck. Met kids at 8pm - bought the TV and then ate at Chili's (gross-never again). Drove home & fell into bed exhausted.

Wednesday 23 September - The city of Sydney is experiencing an epic dust storm. Pics are all over the internet. Very interesting.

'Lil Bit had explosive diarrhea in our bedroom - on the carpet & wall in several areas at 2AM. I groggily got up to let him outside only to find that he had thrown up, too! So I cleaned everything up, then went back to bed.

Called the Vet AGAIN this morning to be told not to give Bit anymore food. Just water for the next couple days to settle his stomach. If he does worse, maybe have to take him in for more tests. Doc said to save his poo if he has anymore!

Started vacuuming house & doing laundry.

Took Harry into Vet. She had to be left for surgery. Doc will cut the toenail off at the quick - it will grow back, however! Thank goodness. He gave her the shot to put her out while I was there, so she did not have any disorientation. Poor dog. So traumatic for her.

Went back to pick her up at 2PM along with more medicine for Bit. I also snuck over to the latte stand to pick up an Italian Ice (strawberry) as it was very hot today.

Again texted the kid a couple times to tell her how much I enjoy my phone. Hubby called & I got to give him the play-by-play of the dog owies.

Hubby came home & worked in the shop for a while, then took me to dinner at the newly re-opened under new management Mexican restaurant in Spirit Lake. Good food.

No comments: