Sunday, September 27, 2009

Nerd Glasses


Friday 25 September (cont) At 5:00p I took 'Lil Bit & Isabelle to the VZ yard in CDA to pick up hubby so we could make our eye exam follow-up appointments at 5:20p. Met G & Rocky at the yard.

Picked up hubby's nerdy glasses at Wal-Mart while the doctor prescribed another set of contacts for me to try.

Stopped at Nate's Pizza on the way home for a pizza pie. Walked the dogs in the parking lot.

After we got home, hubby worked in the shop for a while.

Early Saturday morning got lattes. Hubby worked in the shop until noon; then we went on the big adventure to Pomeroy, WA to pick up a truck for parts. The $1500 "deal" truck that hubby had purchased early in the month was the choice to make the run, but the promised lumbar seat was only on the driver's side & not the passengers'. Once it got dark, there were no interior lights to see by. The truck was a lifted 4WD, and everytime I got in or out, I had to jump. So I threw a fit and told hubby that he had better get a "pull-up your pants big boy truck" to drive me around on road adventures from now on. I am not 20 years old anymore and I definitely need my creature comforts!

South of Spokane/CDA is nothing but gosh-forsaken country. Thousands of miles of wheat farmland; blowing wind & dust. Horrible, horrible boring scenery. When we arrived at the destination, we had to drive for 15 minutes on a dirt road to get to the farmer's home. I got out and walked 'Lil Bit (who behaved amazingly well on the entire journey!) we were both instantly covered in brown dirt & dust. My shoes & jeans up to my knees were filthy & 'Lil Bit had changed from a black dog to a dark brown dog! Gross. You could not PAY me to live there.

We finally got home around 10:00 while I got ever more irritated with the hubby for the condition of the truck. My ribs & back were in excruciating pain by the time we arrived at our house. I took an hour long hot bath while hubby unloaded stuff.

Took lots of pain killers & went to bed.

On 27 September Sunday morning we walked the dogs at Farragut Park; It was a beautiful day in the park - sun shining & the weather was not too hot. So we extended our walk for an extra mile. Then stopped at the White Pines cafe for breakfast-haven't been there in donkey years! Hubby went to the dump by himself as I refused to ride in THAT truck again; while I stayed home & watered plants. Covered plants with landscape fabric in preparation for mulch; and hubby stored some of the boats that had been dropped off; then he installed the electric hook-up by the pond.

Also bathed Isabelle & Harriet; both of whom acted like we were killing them! Isabelle hung her head so low, that her lips were almost touching the deck. The dog hates water! Harriet just shivered while she was getting warm water poured over her. Nutty, insecure, scary dog! We would never do anything to hurt her.

Watched a little TV & went to bed. Boring day.

No comments: