Thursday, July 23, 2009

Life in General

Once in a while, it seems that Life is going OK, then something happens to make you feel depressed & worthless. Why bother. When I was younger, life was full of infinite possibilities. Then shit gets thrown in your face and it is difficult to wipe it off, pull yourself up and start over again. How many times does this have to happen before you are given the slightest break?

I thought that good things happened. I was wrong. Life is a never ending fight to keep your head above water. Like George Bailey in It's A Wonderful Life is told that he is worth more dead than alive. That's what I feel like. Sometimes it is just too much to go to bed in pain, wake up in more pain and feel that life is kicking you in the ass just for fun.

Maybe I'm moody because I haven't been able to bike lately. My regular route has been tarred & rocked by the county. It is impossible to traverse the mess for at least a month. This narrows the way that we can drive into CDA - we only have one passable road. Hope they don't do anything to that! We might just have to stay home for the rest of the summer. Hwy 95 is impossible to circumnavigate what with the summer travelers & the road (de)construction.

Angus appears to be having poo-pudding. I don't understand what is wrong with her as I have not varied the diets of any of the dogs. Even quit giving them human food - only dog food. Boy, are they mad at me! And we even skipped the dog grog we usually give them on the weekend. If this keeps up, we need to go back to the doctor again.

Instead of her usual walk, I got Angus to walk fast beside me as I biked to the shop several times. She really does not like to run with me. Bravo & 'Lil Bit also came down & back several times - 'Bit really enjoys running wild through the woods. But he does watch out to make sure that he doesn't get left behind!

Took Nick's truck into CDA last night after hubby finished working on it. We then took 'Lil Bit to the park to walk around, several people petted him - (like a pregnant woman. . . Everybody
wants to "touch" it!) and then we got a latte for me at Starbucks. Hubby had already picked up a cherry dipped cone at Dairy Queen (I skipped it - too much sugar).

Also stopped at the car wash to wash the dog beds & run the truck through the auto-wash. 'Lil Bit was exhibiting "those" signs, so I took him to potty. He is such a good little boy! All day yesterday & all of today so far he has not pottied in the house.

Had to get a pic of Angus by herself to enter online for her microchip. The website gives the tag number, info about the dog, contact for the owner, & a picture of the dog; in case they ever get lost. . . But Angus is at that awkward stage - too big for her body - her back end is taller than her front end. She hasn't caught up to growing everything yet! So her picture looks odd.

No comments: