Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Labor Day 2008

MONDAY, LABOR DAY
We got up early and rode the Stewardship Trail at Round Lake State Park again. Hubby was tired of Farragut Park after the long, long ride yesterday.

Didn't see any wildlife - except for ground squirrels. Isabelle did really well on her accompanying run as she gets stronger every time we take her with us. I can even see that she has more lean muscle along her flanks!

On the return trip home, we drove the scenic way west along Priest River to Spirit Lake. Very beautiful landscape. Lots of people out walking & biking.

Hubby worked down at the shop with Bronco Jonathan to finish up his "rig".

TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 2
Got up to pee early morning and found Aunt Flo had come to visit. I will NEVER forget that South Park episode! So weak that I slept in until later. Excruciating pain. Heating pad placed directly on the point of torture.
At 10:00AM, the dog came downstairs and barked quietly (how a dog can bark like that, I just don't understand) she saw 2 deer outside in the woods and I caught them on film (digital)!

UPS flew down the driveway later to deliver my new biking shoes-Skechers Work Bikers-Hobbie! Wonderful fit. Great for gripping the bike. Yippee.

Hubby got home around 1:00PM to have lunch with me.

Got the mail later, then decided to run into town to mail box for kids, deposit check, and ride bikes in Sandpoint.

Jason Miller called and talked to hubby while we were on the road to Sandpoint. They had a nice conversation. Eva, Jason's daughter, is walking!

After going to the banking institutions, we headed to Dover to ride around at the Resort. Climbed up the small mountain there to see the beautiful views. Of course, I forgot my camera again - still haven't gotten that chain piercing in my wrist to secure my camera with...

But we did check out the cabins & the SeaPlane Tours- maybe an idea for when Kelsey FINALLY gets here -

Stopped to grocery shop at Safeway in Newport, WA. This very annoying family kept following us around all the aisles - blocking the way to shop. They had a very horrible, nasty little boy which they would not watch or reprimand. Finally, we just stopped in one aisle and waited for them to leave. Meanwhile, another VERY young girl who was obviously anorexically skinny yet about 6 months pregnant was looking in one aisle while she had left her cart & purse unattended two aisles away. I alerted an employee to it as I did not want to touch the purse to be accused of stealing it - but just as I pointed it out, the girl returned to her cart. What stupidity abounds!

When we got home, Greg had Salisbury steak for dinner. Watched The Royal Tenenbaums on television.

No comments: