Thursday, November 23, 2023

THURSDAY / NOV 23 / THANKSGIVING DAY

THURSDAY
NOVEMBER 23 2023
THANKSGIVING DAY
 
 
 

 I was up at 3AM to potty then I saw & heard that the fireplace was on, so I turned it off. I turned Hubby's heating pad on the sofa off as it was still blinking on. 

Then I went back to bed. I was hot. Put my feet out. 

Slept until 6M when Wilson started whining. 

Hubby came in the bedroom to get Wilson.

I got up and dressed. Went to the kitchen to make eggnog latte for Hubby, tea/Nanogreens for myself. Hubby warmed up turkey bacon in the air-fryer. He fed the dogs. Tater had to wait extra long because Hubby had no food pre-made for Tater. Tater got fresh eggs & chicken.

Cats started eating the chicken that Hubby had opened in the cans. 

I made the bed. I put dirty laundry in the washer. I put away clean dishes. 

Hubby started getting all the dishes prepared for cooking. He opened the Yams, Corn, Green Bean Casserole. He said the turkey had to go into the oven at 9AM to eat by NOON because it takes 3 hours to cook. He told Google to set an alarm and name it TURKEY. Turk-Alarm.

I put my ceramics on trays into the bedroom on the floor as I had been storing them in the oven to keep them away from the cats. One of my snowmen had lost his head. Have to make more snowmen.

I updated my Blog.
 
We put up Xmas lights outside. Lots of the lights were only 1/2 string working. We had to throw away about 10 strings of lights. Not enough working for the "river". 

LIGHTS ON OUTSIDE OF HOUSE

 
Hubby put butter on the turkey. He put the turkey in at NOON.
 
HUBBY WITH TURKEY & 2 STICKS OF BUTTER
 
 
Watched The Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade for 2 hours on YouTube. 
 
We took Tater for a dog run on the golf cart. Wilson sat with Hubby in the cart. Some idiot on a bike rode between us at high speed. What an ass. 
 
TATER WITH SNOOD TO KEEP EARS WARM, WILSON, AND HUBBY
 
 
 
We came back home. At 2PM, Hubby took the turkey out and made all the fixings. Lots of it was cold already, But the Yams were excellent. The turkey was tough. Hubby was upset. 
 
TURKEY DONE
 

We cleaned up. Hubby sat on the sofa to nap with Tater. Wilson went into our room on the dog bed. 
 
AFTER TURKEY NAP
 
 
I was trying to take Hubby's shoes off when he kicked me in the nose and I got mad at him. I think it was an accident, but he SAW ME BENDING OVER!
 
Wilson and I went outside to pick up dog poo. It was dreary, depressing, dark, and cloudy day.
 
 
 
 
I went outside to put up more lights. Found the lighted wreath that Dave made for us. Hubby helped lift the boxes down to me so we could find the wreath hanger. We put up the wreath. I re-wired some of the lights. Will have to go down to Walmart at 6AM on Black Friday to buy more lights and 1 of our blow-ups died.
 
Hubby de-boned the turkey. He cleaned up the kitchen.

 



No comments: